She doesn't receive all the recognition she deserves.

Lizzo Is The Powerful Feminist Artist You need to blast all summer

Lizzo has been making music for years, but she doesn't receive all the recognition she deserves.

110

Everyone can appreciate a powerful girl boss using her platform to spread messages of self love and empowerment. Beyoncé, Nicki Minaj, and Cardi B are just a few artists famous for their feminist-inspired bas b*tch anthems, but the one artist you may not blast (but definitely should) is Lizzo. Lizzo has been putting out music for years, but I just discovered her recently.

With beats you can definitely dance to and powerful lyrics about self love, it's hard not to fall in love with her. One of her most popular songs, "Truth Hurts" reminds me of that moment when you lose someone you really like and you put yourself down, but then remember who the eff you are! Additionally, her song "Coconut Oil" speaks so much truth with the lyrics, "I thought I needed to run and find somebody to love, but all I needed was some coconut oil." You don't need someone to love you to feel good about yourself. Slap some coconut oil on your hair, your skin, your food, and thrive by yourself!

Lizzo does not care about these f*ckboys because she knows her own damn worth.

It's a good song to blast after a breakup or if you're just feeling yourself. Her music is a mix of many genres, drawing influence from the places she grew up: Houston and Detroit. Now, Lizzo is based in the Minneapolis/St. Paul area and she has two full-length albums out as well as multiple singles/EPs. Check her out on any music listening platform.

Next time you're riding with the windows down and the sun shining on your face, make sure Lizzo is on your playlist so you can scream the empowering lyrics as you drive just a bit too fast down the freeway.