The Power Of A SMile
Lifestyles

The Power of a Smile

Smile: (noun) - The act or instance of smiling; a smiling expression of the face; a pleasant or agreeable appearance, look, or aspect.

31
The Power of a Smile

Smiling is something that comes easily to us. We can smile because we're happy, smile because of a great experience, and sometimes even smile without knowing it. Smiling is a big part of life. But it seems some aren't genuine anymore.

I used to be one who perfected the fake smile. If everyone sees that I'm smiling, then no one will ask me if I'm okay. And trust me, if I didn't smile, someone would ask me how I am. I'm one of those people who (almost) always smiles.

What many people don't realize is a smile holds power. Smiling is contagious, just like yawning, except less annoying. Wearing a smile is the best accessory one could ever wear. Plus, smiling makes you live longer (maybe).

The next time you see someone walking down the hall or street, smile. Even if you don't know them. And I guarantee you it will start a domino effect. Before you know it, your one small smile will result in hundreds, maybe thousands of smiles. Like I said, it's contagious.

Do you feel like you're falling a little short for that smile? Here are some things that just might help.

1. Music. We all know music is what helps make the world go round. Listen to uplifting, fun, crazy, silly, happy music and I guarantee you'll be smiling and singing along as loud as you possibly can without even noticing.

2. Do something you love. For me, that would be reading, writing, or Bible journaling. Whatever it is, make time for that favorite hobby. Before you know it, you'll be lost in that world.

3. Be in nature. Nature always helps me to stay calm and focused. Close your eyes, take deep breaths, and let all your worries melt away. Soon enough that smile will be plastered on your face, refusing to leave.

4. Try something new. Maybe stepping out of your comfort zone is something you've been wanting to do for a while. It might be terrifying at first, but I'm sure you'll be happy and smiling in the end.

5. Spend time with family and friends. I don't know about you, but whenever I spend time with family and friends, I'm always laughing and smiling. Surrounding yourself with important people will help that frown turn upside down. Trust me.

And just because I've already listed music as an option, here's a list of ten songs I'm sure will make you smile for the rest of, well, eternity.

1. The Best Is Yet To Come by Sheppard

2. It's Not Over Yet by for KING & COUNTRY

3. Fight Song by Rachel Platten

4. Weak by AJR

5. You Are Enough by Sleeping At Last

6. Hey Hey by Superchick

7. Soldier by Valley

8. On My Way by Phil Collins

9. Appreciated by Rixton

10. Someone To You by BANNERS

Hopefully, these songs will make you smile as much as they made me.

Smiling is probably one of the best things ever. You get to make others happy while you're happy. What's better than that? Pass on the smiles. Share the positivity. Spread the joy. And maybe that one smile you started with will turn into a revolution.

I hope you have an amazing rest of your day and week, wonderful reader. Remember to keep smiling. You never know who will need it.