Poverty Creates Wealth

Poverty Creates Wealth

No matter how much money or education one has, there are jobs that need to be done.

26
Poverty Creates Wealth
Rich Shultz

I have worked as a restaurant worker for most of my teenage and young adult life. It was an after school job to me, however, others worked there as their main source of income. Working in the food industry and having to serve others, I began to notice something. I began to notice that those who never had to work as a server to others degraded those who did.

Those who were fortunate enough to have never had to work a low-paying job serving others treat those who do like peasants. If it was not for us servers, those egotistic people would have to serve themselves. I started to realize, if it was not for the poor people working as "servants," then the wealthy would be out of a job and out of power!

It takes the poor to do jobs that the wealthy refuse to do because they are "above" the job. Even if every person in America had a higher education, there would still be a need for fast-food workers and factory workers. No matter what, someone has to do the job, so there is no need to treat them less.

If there were no poor, then the wealthy would not be powerful or have the money they have now. It takes the small people to lift the big person up and give them something to have power over. It is the poor who create the wealthy.

No matter how much money one has or how high of an education one has, there has to be someone who does the dirty, low-paying jobs. Instead of downgrading the server at Pizza Hut or the cashier at McDonald's, be thankful. Be patient and be helpful. They are doing a job that not many people want to do.

Mistreating those who are doing the job you do not want to do is downright rude and disgraceful. You would not be the boss if you did not have people working under you. But, you do not need to treat those under you as if they are truly below you on a human scale.

To those who were born with a silver spoon in their mouths need to realize they need someone to wash that spoon. So, do not downgrade those working a low-paying job. We are all humans and we all do the best we can in life. If it was not for the servers, then you would have to cook your own food and clean up after yourself.

I have come to realize that it is the small, hardworking people who receive little pay doing dirty jobs that allow those high-headed people to live the lavish lifestyle they do. It is because of poverty that people can be wealthy. It is because of the factory workers working third shift all week long, even during Christmas, to allow the boss to sit at home watching their kids unwrap their iPads and Xboxes.

So, the next time you have a waitress who is lagging behind, be helpful and patient. The next time your order gets mixed up at McDonald's, instead of yelling, be calm and collected. Remember to be grateful for what you have, because those who go without are the reasons why you do have what you have.