Spring Break Has Come And Gone, And So Has My Motivation

It seems like my motivation for school severely plummets after spring break.

45

Spring break is a week-long adventure. I spent it at home with my family and friends, going to the beach and not worrying about anything. It was so nice. Before I knew it, the week was over and it was time to go back to school.

I look at spring break as a pause in time. It is a full week that I don't think about classes, assignments, professors, or any other responsibilities. College students are stressed every single day of the semester and spend countless hours studying and turning in assignments. This is exactly why I choose to not do a SINGLE thing over break. I'm not even sorry about it.

Now that we are back to our normal school routine, reality hits hard. Simple assignments seem harder, essays seem longer, and midterms seem like they will never end. The last few weeks of the semester are the absolute worst.

Spring break was such a tease for summer. The weather is starting to heat up. The skies are blue. The beach is calling my name. I want nothing more than to throw on some sunscreen, turn on my speaker and layout by the pool. Unfortunately, I DON'T HAVE TIME. It was a whole lot easier to stay inside my apartment for hours on end when the weather was cold and dreary. Staying inside on a day where it's sunny and 75 degrees seems crazy!

While it is important to do well in school and to study hard, it is also important to make time for the things that make you happy. I find that it helps to specifically schedule time designated for fun. Go to dinner with some friends, hang out by the pool, or go to the mall. Doing these kinds of things will help make the end of the semester go by a little faster.

We all have to keep in mind that in a little over a month, summer will be here and our worries will go away. Memorizing formulas, meeting deadlines, making it to class and studying for finals will all be worth it. Summer is right around the corner and that is the only thing that keeps me going.