Pop Punk Songs

15 Pop Punk Songs That Are Guaranteed To Break Your Heart

The genre where, even though it sounds upbeat, it will break your heart with the things they sing about.

239

Pop Punk. The genre of music for all the kids who hate their hometowns and want everyone to know it. The genre where, even though it sounds upbeat, it will break your heart with the things they sing about. I compiled a list of some of the most heart-wrenching, tear forming songs, so you wouldn't have to.

1. "December"- Neck Deep

https://lyrics-and-music.tumblr.com/post/174658744...

This is the epitome of a sad, pop-punk song. If you ask anyone, they'll name this song first. Neck Deep jam-packed this songs with lines that you've probably seen as an Instagram caption but never knew where it came from. With lines like, "Pain is never permanent, but tonight it's killing me," and "You don't give a f**k, you'd never remember me," it's sure to make you feel the lead singers pain, even if you've never experienced something like that before.

2. "MakeDamnSure"- Taking Back Sunday

http://www.hellyeahjustlikethat.co.uk/post/1100987...

A classic pop-punk song, from a classic pop-punk band. This song is about an infatuation with someone that may never become anything. With the line, "you are everything I want because you are everything I'm not," it allows people to truly connect because we've all been in that situation where we want someone because they're what we're not and what we may never be.

3. "The Devil In My Bloodstream"- The Wonder Years

http://rebloggy.com/post/black-and-white-edits-lyr...

The Wonder Years, the kings of creating sad, yet relatable, songs about growing up and battling with the demons of mental illness. This song, in particular, is about a battle with depression that he feels is coming up soon. He alludes to it by saying "I searched through my great-grandpa's memoirs for the devil in my bloodstream," meaning that he knows the disease took over his great-grandpa's life and is soon to take over his. This song tells a story that is destined to make you shed a few tears.

4. "Your Graduation"- Modern Baseball

https://www.tumblr.com/search/your%20graduation%20...

What's better than a song where you miss someone that you know doesn't miss you back? "Bullsh*t, you f*cking miss me," is one of if not, the most, iconic lines from this song. It's one that so many people can relate to and they'll make sure you know it. Followed by lines like, "I never thought that I, oh, I would see the day where I just let you go, let you walk away," it really shows the struggle of trying to get over someone you never thought you'd lose.

5. "Forever Yours"- Grayscale

https://poppunksanart.tumblr.com/post/165115623908...

Have you ever loved someone that you couldn't have? Well, this song is for you. It tells a story of someone who lost their significant other and is regretting it because their person is now getting married. With allusions to a wedding through lines like, "you looked beautiful in white," and "that cathedral hall, and that ivy wall, aisle I'll never know," you realize, the person they love the most has moved on and is now married, but they couldn't attend the wedding because of how much it hurt. "There's no love lost, but I'll be forever yours," shows that they will always love them, even after they lost them.

6. "Goodnight Moon"- Go Radio

https://www.tumblr.com/search/go%20radio%20goodnig...

A slow, sweet, yet heartbreaking song that can be interpreted as a love song, or a song of pleading for someone to stay. "I've been trying way too long to try and be the perfect song," is a line most people can relate to. We all try so hard to be the perfect person, that we don't realize we're losing ourselves or the people we love. "How'd I ever breathe without a kiss from goodnight you," shows someone wondering how they could ever go back to their life before the person they love. I promise you'll shed at least one tear.

7. "Legit Tattoo Gun"- The Front Bottoms

http://fall-out-in-white.tumblr.com

This song has a way to make you think about what you're hearing. With countless allusions to other literature and metaphors such as, "I am the water, in a puddle, in the shade of a tree. When I freeze over, you are the sun. You cannot touch me," it truly gives you the freedom to interpret what exactly it means. Overall, this song is about being unsure about a relationship with someone. It makes you think and also pulls on your heart strings while doing so.

8. "Boxing Day"- blink-182

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/569423946606664929/?...

Boxing Day, a term used to describe the day after Christmas. blink-182 did an excellent job of connecting the loneliness of this day to the loneliness felt from losing a lover. It's a day where nothing happens, the excitement of Christmas is over, and no one really knows what to do next. Just like when you lose the person you love, you feel empty, numb, and void of any excitement. This song will definitely hit you hard if you've ever felt this way.

9. "The Night I Drove Alone"- Citizen

https://gfycat.com/defiantlikablefinnishspitz

Citizen has a way of making you feel so much with very little words. The Night I Drove Alone is about running away from someone and then realizing you lost so much. In return to you leaving, the person continues on with their life and you begin to wonder what went wrong. The raw emotion in the singer's voice is one that will be sure to make you feel something, and it definitely isn't joy.

10. "Navy Blue"- The Story So Far

https://lyrics-and-music.tumblr.com/post/174002923...

A song about breaking up but not truly being able to shake that person from your life. "If it's something serious then hit me up, but until then the door is shut," and "all of this frustrated me bad 'cause I can't stay mad at your change anything that I had," are lines that stick out from the rest. These lines convey so much emotion that so many people can relate to. This is definitely a song that needs to be played at full volume, to cover up the sounds of you sobbing.

11. "I Would Hate You If I Could"- Turnover

http://blessthepho.tumblr.com/post/143275338350/tu...

Another song about not being able to forget about the person who broke your heart. It's directed toward the person who broke the narrators heart and no matter how had he tries, he can't seem to hate her, because he loves and misses her. It's a song that personally, I can relate to a lot. While it sounds mellow, yet not sad, the lyrics are guaranteed to bring you to tears every time.

12. "I've Given Up On You"- Real Friends

https://gfycat.com/wealthyobviousinganue

"You're the reason why I can't listen to the same songs I used to," really shows the impact someone can have on you and the things you do. In loving someone and associating them to something you love, it hurts so much more when they're gone. You can't listen to the same songs, watch the same shows, or even go to the same places because those become your things with them. Real Friends knew what they were talking about when writing this song.

13. "Stay"- Mayday Parade

https://weheartit.com/entry/51486933

A classic song about begging the person you love the most to stay in your life. It's somewhere a lot of people have been, even me. Whether you were begging them yourselves or sending them a song, like I did with this one, asking them not to go, we've been there. The singers emotion in his voice truly shows how he felt and it allows the listener to feel every heart-breaking second of the journey.

14. "Van Nuys"- Hotel Books

https://genius.com/Hotel-books-van-nuys-lyrics

What good would this list be if I didn't include a song with a phone call somewhere in it. "Hey, I just don't think I can do this anymore," is placed right before the bridge of the song, adding to the heartbreaking nature of this song. A song about losing yourself and losing the person you love because of it is one of the most relatable and tear-jerking forms of music.

15. "Long Night"- With Confidence

https://www.tumblr.com/search/long%20night%20with%...

A slow, piano ballad about facing the night alone and reminiscing on the days when you had someone. This song is one that everyone who listens to it feels something. Whether it's because you've lost someone or it makes you realize your fear of losing someone, it is 100% guaranteed to pull on your heart strings and make you feel empty and alone.

Pop Punk Songs That Break Your Heart