I'm Sick Of Politics Taking Over The Entertainment Industry
popular

Leave the political analysis to the reporters.

2354
SNL Facebook

People watch the news to learn about current events and form political opinions, then they watch talk shows and other forms of entertainment to relax and enjoy the program. Mixing these two worlds is, quite frankly, annoying. I understand that there are shows such as "The Today Show," and "The View" which I enjoy very much.

These programs flirt with the lines of mixing current events and entertainment. However, what I don't want is to turn on Jimmy Kimmel and feel like I'm watching CNN.

With our country being as polarized as it has been, we should not be making it worse by having politics shoved down our throats every time we try to watch a current show or movie. This is especially true since Hollywood is overwhelmingly liberal. Even in the cable news cycles, there are options; for each political ideology for late-night television and even modern sitcom, there is only one ideology and that is LIBERAL LEFT.

This is not to say that one side is better or worse than the other, however, if the entertainment industry is attempting to take on politics too, then shouldn't there be some sort of ideological diversity?

In times of political and social hostility, some people enjoy a safe haven away from politics. It would be nice to get away from the partisan news cycles for a few hours and watch a movie, or binge your favorite sitcom, however, with Hollywood's agenda that is simply not possible anymore.

I don't understand the push for having a political undertone in everything that is aired recently. It is not relevant and it is making our country more hostile towards one and other because not only are viewers getting upset over conflicting opinions on sensitive topics but, we are also being forced to hear about it at every point of the day. The average person should be able to choose if they want to watch the news or entertainment television.

I am the type of person who watches the news daily. I enjoy knowing what is going on, however, even I need a break every now and then. The entertainment industry should stick to entertaining and leave the political analysis to the reporters.