Why The Polar Express Is The Greatest Christmas Movie Of All Time

It's finally holiday season, here's a movie you can't miss out on this Christmas!

1194
Explore Squamish

The Polar Express first came out in 2004 in 3D animation.

It's a fantasy musical story about a young boy, Hero Boy, who's skeptical about the spirt of Christmas. On Christmas Eve a train arrives in the middle of the night and wakes the boy. The conductor, voiced by Tom Hanks, invites him to travel to the North Pole. From singing and dancing waiters that deliver the children hot chocolate, to a crazy trip involving steep slopes and caribou it's a wild ride.

When they finally make it to the North Pole everyone is mesmerized by the bells on Santa's sleigh but Hero Boy can't hear them. Finally he picks up one of the bells that fell off and repeatedly says, "I Believe." He shakes the bell again and can hear it jingle. Santa gives Hero Boy the bell as the first gift of Christmas. When they get back on the train to head back home he realizes there was a hole in his pocket and the bell is gone but he wakes up the next morning and finds it with a note from Santa. He rings the bell and him and his sister can hear it but his parents cannot.

One of the many reasons this movie is so great is because of the visual stunning animation. Especially if you have the chance to see it in IMax or 3D.

Note to Disney World or Universal: I'm still waiting on the day you make a park for the Polar Express or at least a roller coaster that resembles the crazy expedition to the North Pole that includes hot chocolate at the end. Or maybe frozen hot chocolate since hot beverages in Florida are unimaginable.

They make the conductor look exactly like Tom Hanks and who doesn't love Tom Hanks? The conductor is one of the best characters in the movie but it's not the only character Tom Hanks plays. He also plays Santa, Hero Boy, the father, and the hobo.

Watch how it all went down in this video:

Tom if you see this you're amazing.

The soundtrack is one of the best Christmas soundtracks of all time. It includes "Believe" by Josh Groban and a duet by Hero Girl and Billy, two of Hero Boy's friends he developed along the way. To this day I still designate a friend and I to sing each part of the duet. No shame.

The quotes from the movie are some of the best movie quotes ever. The older you get the more you realize how important children movies are for adults.

"Seeing is believing, but sometimes the most real things in the world are the things we can't see."

"One thing about trains: It doesn't matter where they're going. What matters is deciding to get on."

"This bell is a wonderful symbol of the spirit of Christmas, as am I. Just remember, the true spirit of Christmas lies in your heart."

The major reason this is the best Christmas music is because it makes you believe in the true spirit of Christmas, no matter how old you are.

Even if you're in your twenty's and you're the oldest sibling in the house I ask that you put milk and cookies out for Santa for the spirit of Christmas and if someone tries to make fun of you sit them down and make them watch the Polar Express. In a world with so much hatred, Christmas is the perfect time to share love and joy with family and friends.

"Though I've grown old, the bell still rings for me, as it does for all who truly believe."