A series of poems to connect with your life

Poetry on the Odyssey: A series of truthful moments

I'd like to share a series of poems that showcase a variety of emotions for all.

141

Poetry is different for everyone. Poetry is vague. Poetry is a way to fit your story into the words and let it impact your life depending on your experiences. I wrote these to connect with a variety of people and let everyone interpret them differently. Let it sink in and connect with you.

Dreams to Reality

She fell asleep to the sound of piano

Holding my fingers

with a glass of wine next to the bed

And a book on her chest

Dreaming of a way to escape

To a better life

But all she wanted was a life with

morning to night laughter, lattes in the morning, a good book, someone to hold her hand and tell her that they loved her even at her worst moments, and someone to wake up to every morning and smile.

And then she woke up.

And realized that everything she ever wanted was sitting right next to her.

And all her dreams came true.

You can fly little one

I held her in my arms

Feeling every gasp of air coming into her lungs

I wanted to call her mine

But with every broken breath a story unfolds

A series of broken moments to give one self a completely shattered heart

And all I ever wanted to do

was make that last breath turn into eternity

Every broken breath was a piece I wanted to fix.

And soon, with all the love I can shadow beneath her feet

She'd be free and fly again

Into the sky with every breath stronger than before.

Suffocation break through

I can't breath

I feel trapped in my own universe

Suffocating.

Just trying to escape

I don't feel accepted

I feel like a burden to society.

I feel like I am someone who no one wanted me to become.

But as time moves forward

And past experiences turn into dust

And my soul becomes alive

I am building up my own strength in this bubble

And finally for once in my life I feel strong enough to pop the bubble and break free

And be the person I knew I was supposed to be

And with that first gasp of fresh air

I feel free for the first time in my life

I can finally live again

And be the person I was always supposed to be.