Poetry On Odyssey: Sunset Collection
Books Lit

Poetry On Odyssey: Sunset Collection

When the sun goes down it all comes together.

28

I wonder if I can keep the sun

make it mine forever

radiance birthing from my heart

a pocket of youth

in bloom.

The clouds are citadel

safe haven welcomed home

i'm staying here forever

a hope strong enough

to birth babies.

Sipped the wrong drink

bathroom visits

bile in the sink.

We have cotton candy skies here

i'm talking pinks and blues

fluffy figures of sweetness

a sugar high

you make me want to get sugar high

we are young and beautiful

free spirits

ignited in laughter.

This where the sun meets with angelic clouds

where rays meet at the gulf

to go home and set the dinner table

for all the animals

a fireball of faith

are we really alone?

I think my thoughts are lost

file them in a cabinet

for keep saving

when things like this happen

so you know

you can't forget

it is all right here

in between the sun and moon.

He is blind

but the love is not

He is glossy eyes

i get lost in

ill drive everywhere

allow us to go one a journey

with a destination unknown

ill let you drive

turn left

stop

turn right

we are going to be just fine.

We are in the garden of light

there is no forbidden fruit here

the universe wanted this

it was planted years ago

separated by oceans

all to blossom in the same garden

one day.

Angry is me

she/her/hers

yelling

pulling patches

of curls that i was blessed with

why am i destroying my bessinsg

angry is more than an emotion

it is an action

i grew my nails out so i could carve

the pain into my skin

my scrapes glisten

like my glitter poetry pens

its not a sin

i wish i had that bottle of gin.

I used to be afraid of loosing myself

my eyes orbited another planet

but one morning i woke up

and i did not see the color red in my fists

i took the space shuttle to class

and as we turned the bend of destiny

i realized i have always been

exactly where i need to be

so i'm putting on my cape

because i'm my own damn heroine

i'm breathing for myself today

for myself everyday

living for me

the only time i will loose myself again

is in my writing

my hormones pushing out all

of the emotions for me to feel

and battle on my own

i'm finding my soul

and let me tell you

she is oh so bold.

13 Father's Day Shirts Under $30 To Gift The Dad Wearing The Same Two Every Day In Quarantine

You've been begging him to change it up, and now he won't have a choice.

Let's be honest: most of our dads are wearing the same shirts today that they probably wore while changing our diapers and holding our hands as we learned to walk. Sure, we love them for it. But whether you're quarantined with him wearing the same two shirts on rotation every week, or every time you FaceTime him, you know what he'll be wearing before he answers the phone, he needs to add some new items to his wardrobe rotation.

And you know dads — they'll feel guilted into using practically anything you were to give them. But these shirts are sure-fire ways to get him to switch up his wardrobe, and he'll be more than excited to wear each and every one of them. Plus, most of them are under twenty dollars, so no harm in dropping more than a couple in to your cart and letting Dad have his pick of his favorites.