Poetry On Odyssey: Colors

Poetry On Odyssey: Colors

"Yellow is the color I strive to feel. Happy & calm Like sunflowers in their field."

62
Poetry On Odyssey: Colors
Shutterstock

Poetry can be interpreted in a million different ways. You can read it how it applies to you in your life or you can try to figure out what the author meant. I invite you to first read my poem, come up with your own conclusion, and then read below it to see my explanation.

Blue

The color of oceans

The color of the sea

The color of tears & sadness

The color i’d feel

If you ever left me

Purple

The royal color

Cause it’s subtle and elegant

They say less is more but

I love Red

Because when it comes knocking

At your door

You never turn it away.

It’s fire & flash

It’s also power.

It’s working until late night

& every hour after that

Until you get the job done.

But Yellow is the color

I strive to feel.

Happy & calm

Like sunflowers in their field.

I want to grow old

And skip Gray.

I want to grow old

And feel Gold.

I want to fight the obstacles

Every one of them that comes my way.

Until I see White.

Until the Lord guides me

To His light.

That’s the only time

I’ll rest.

When writing, I love playing around with the idea of colors. Colors have a sort of personality of their own. When you think of green you can think of envy or money. When you think of red you can think of fire, hot, or passion. It's somewhat easy to relate those ideas back to yourself or someone, especially when you incorporate it into a poem. I wrote about how I can identify with each color. Towards the end, I write about how I want to feel "Gold" or accomplished/successful. I want to work hard and keep pushing until I see "White" which means that I have passed away and have been accepted into God's light. I say that, that is the only time I will rest because I will continue to work hard all my life and not stop until i'm completely done.