poem about experiences using the bus at college

Poetry On Odyssey: And She Just Smiled

She was a power bank of smiles. Occasionally, I kept looking at her to say 'hi.' But, couldn't. She looked at me once.

17

If you take a bus or train to work or school, you get to see so many different faces every day. Most of the time you don't care who they are or what they are doing, but sometimes you can't avoid it. Well, it could be either sweet and funny or worse experience for you. For instance, if someone is just laughing or proposing to someone, I will stop and cheer. On the other hand, if someone is cursing or disrespecting other people or even you for various reasons, I'd act differently. Well, I have to take a bus to go from one campus to another at my university. I never had a "bad" experience yet, but I have a huge list of funny and unforgettable experiences. I would like to share one of the best and memorable experiences in the form of a poem. I'm not a poet, but sometimes I just act like I am.

I stretched, I yawn

Friday morning, felt drained after a workout

Mark time, check my phone, it was 7:20 am

It was pleasant, calm morning,

Gleaming, twinkling Sun in the sky

Little chilly, even in the Summer

While I was drinking my protein shake,

Winds were touching my skin and face

On College Ave, waiting for the bus to come

I was sitting on the bench, looking at my surroundings

I noticed, a girl in a royal blue dress

Ambling toward the bus stop

She was wearing a shiny yellow-ish aviator sunglasses

She sat on the bench, I looked at her

But, she didn't. She took off her sunglasses.

Astonishing, Marvelous, heaven came to the land

She was so beautiful, reminded me of

Cherry blossom flowers in the Spring

Gorgeous eyes and fabulous smile,

Felt, they've wondered my mind

She was a power bank of smiles

Occasionally, I kept looking at her to say "hi."

But, couldn't. She looked at me once.

Maybe, she noticed me

"LX," the bus came in, she stood up

And I froze, couldn't move

She was about to get on the bus,

I kept thinking, left with a bunch of

should've, would've, and could've

she looked over her shoulder, wasn't expecting at all

And she just smiled…

I thought I was trying to read her mind

But, she has already read mine,

left me amazed and wondering

Who was she?

Wished, I'd see her again.