12 Poems That Will Make You Read Rupi Kaur's 'Milk And Honey' Immediately

Or make you reread it again and again!

75830
femmagazine

Rupi Kaur's "Milk and Honey" is by far the most inspirational book of poetry I have read. Her writing is exquisite and every thought and idea she attempts to portray is depicted perfectly. Her book is divided into four different parts- the hurting, the loving, the breaking, and the healing- and each chapter heals another heartache from each section of life. I have followed her on social media for quite sometime and the writing she would share (along with the drawings she adds) always stunned me and I looked for more of her writing everywhere. Finally milk and honey came out in the U.S late 2015 and I couldn't keep my eyes off the pages for a second. Kaur's words have helped me immensely throughout the past year and I imagine they will continue too. This is the book I recommend to everyone, so here are a few examples of her amazing writing abilities and some of my favorites.

the hurting:

1. Page 19

2. Page 29

"trying to convince myself

i am allowed

to take up space

is like writing with

my left hand

when i was born

to use my right

- the idea of shrinking is hereditary"

3. Page 23

the loving:

4. Page 51

5. Page 53

"nothing is safer

than the sound of you

reading out loud to me

-the perfect date"

6. Page 59

the breaking:

7. Page 95

8. Page 137

"i am water

soft enough

to offer life

tough enough

to drown it away"

9. Page 109

the healing:

10. Page 165

11.Page 173

" your body

is a museum

of natural disasters

can you grasp how

stunning that is"

12. Page 179

From Your Site Articles