Poetry On Odyssey: My Unorganized Room

Poetry On Odyssey: My Unorganized Room

I see the and feel the small world around me the treasures I own, the stuff I love the things that express me
9

When you see my room all dark and messy you may just see a messy room and a messy person

When you see my photos you see people

I see the people and cherish their smiling faces and remember those exact moments in my life because they are always the most memorable

When you see my 8ft teddy bear you probably think “wow he’s expensive”

I see the tear stains, the buried kisses, constant hugs, and endless cuddles

When you see my makeup desk that is unorganized you see the dirty makeup brushes and makeup wipes

I see art, because everything after putting on makeup and during is an art.

When you see my string lights above my bed you think “oh that’s artsy”

I see and feel calmness and I also feel creative yet unique (thankful my boyfriend bought them for me)

When you read this poem you think “oh I knew she would write about her messy room"

This poem may not be amazing or artistic, but everyone who feels and appreciates art knows that art itself is different and can be expressed anyway the artist chooses, and mine is through writing.

I want to end this poem from my (one) of my favorite Disney movies: "Not everyone can become a great artist; but a great artist *can* come from *anywhere*"