What podcasts should I listen to

5 Podcasts you need to be listening to right now

If you haven't heard of them yet, you will soon.

105

With summer now in full swing, it's getting to the point where some of us need a little something new to get into over break. Recently, I've started listening to podcasts and I truly cannot get enough. They're incredibly engaging and a lot more entertaining than just listening to music all of the time. Whether you're working out, chilling at the beach or going hard at your exciting new internship, they're the perfect aid to keep you occupied. There's something for literally anyone, but here are a few of my favorites to get you started.

1. Anna Faris is Unqualified

You may know her from Scary Movie 1, 2, 3 and 4 or House Bunny, but this podcast shows a completely different side of her. She has a celebrity guest every week and answers advice questions from her listeners. It's incredibly funny and provides an unseen perspective on life in Hollywood.

2. Jenna + Julien Podcast

This is one is Jenna Marbles' podcast with her boyfriend, Julien Solomita. I've been a hardcore Jenna fan since eighth grade probably, so it's really interesting to see (or listen, rather) to her in a more laid back environment. Each week they talk about something completely different and play some pretty hilarious games as well.

3. My Favorite Murder

Any true crime lover will be absolutely obsessed with this one. Each week, Karen Kilgariff and Georgia Hardstark talk about a different true crime story or murder that will seriously make your skin crawl. They're super funny and entertaining, but can also seriously freak you out with the crazy stories that they talk about.

4. Pod Save America

This one may not be for everyone, but anyone interested in politics should definitely give it a try. Hosted by four former Obama staffers, this podcast casts a nuanced perspective on current political events. They're genuinely dedicated to their cause and are incredibly engaging.

5. Armchair Expert With Dax Shepard

I've just started listening to this one, so I don't know much about it yet, but from what I've heard so far, Dax Shepard is a very interesting character to listen to who is literally overflowing with interesting stories. His first episode is with his wife, Kristen Bell, and if you love them together as much as I do, you'll be a fan for sure.

There's so much more out there, so get exploring! You can find these on the iTunes podcast app, Spotify or various other apps that can easily be downloaded from the App or Play Store. So get listening!