Please Bring Back Summer Weather

Please Bring Back Summer Weather

The cold fall makes you miss those nice summer days!

119
Please Bring Back Summer Weather
www.huffpost.com

As much as I love fall, there is nothing as perfect as summer weather. The warm days, cool nights, constant sunshine; please bring it back! Bring me back to the days when there was no need to spend 5 minutes putting on a sweatshirt, jacket, boots, hat and gloves. Bring me back to the days when the sun was out until 8:30 p.m. and it was still warm enough to wear shorts and a t-shirt all day and night long. Bring back the summer days of warmth and the never-ending sunshine.

Don't get me wrong, there is no doubt that fall is a beautiful time of the year. The foliage is always picture-worthy and the Thanksgiving feast is in the air. There is an opportunity to spend the cold days inside in front of the fire with a warm cup of coffee or tea in hand.

However, for a person who loves to be outside, to walk from point A to point B in the fall takes a whole routine, which can be a hassle. Each day is somewhat unpredictable so it is essential to open the window and really get a feel for just how cold it is outside. Then assess the situation and put on about 10 layers to walk anywhere. I've always loved fall before I came to college. Now, I dread walking to my classes in the building literally one hundred feet away and I will avoid going to the library to study because it is so far.

With the first snow falling in different parts of New England last week, I hope it's not foreshadowing what is to come in winter. Let me tell you, the only thing worse than walking outside in the fall is walking outside in the winter with snow and wind. In college, there is no choice but to go outside almost every day. To got to class, the library of a club, going outside is unavoidable and the snow is going to make it much less enjoyable to get from one place to another. Since there is no choice but to go outside, everyone is exposed to the freezing cold weather and then they get sick and at college, sickness spreads like wildfire. Between fall allergies and colds, there is no student untouched by the sicknesses after the fall and winter season.

With this in mind, Mother Nature, please hear me out and give us all a few more weeks of decent weather. I understand it is necessary for the seasons to change, but it does not have to be anything below about fifty degrees with sunshine until about Thanksgiving! With all the foliage and pretty fall colors, it would be a blessing to have perfect weather so people can be outside and enjoy hikes, pumpkin picking, apple picking and other exciting fall activities.