13 Instagram Worthy Destinations If You Find Yourself In The 'Hot-lanta'

Some of the greatest photo spots in Georgia's capital to spice up your social media.

293
Ari Lentini

Atlanta: home of The Varsity, the place John Mayer got his big break and full of Southern hospitality. Visiting Atlanta (or Georgia in general) can entertain any type of person. Whether you're a history buff, cinema lover, foodie, or anything in between, Georgia has something for you.

If you plan to visit our capital, you'll probably want to take some memorable Instagram-worthy photos to show off look back on. I took a trip around the heart of the peach state to photograph some of the best ones for your feed. Fair warning, most of these are located on Krog street. Also, huge shout out to my boyfriend for helping with this project.

1. The "Atlanta" Mural On Baker St.

I quickly found out that to take a good photo of this mural, one would have to pay $15 to get into a parking garage and get to the top of it in order to take a nice photo. I love you, dear reader, but not enough for $15 to take a photo. Instead, I made my boyfriend take this as I drove. It's still a neat piece of art.

2. Philip's Arena Atlanta Sign

This was much bigger than I anticipated, but is really unique and makes for an aesthetic photo on your insta feed.

3. World of Coca-Cola

If you want to be super extra, you can actually take a photo with the Coca-Cola polar bear. Otherwise, you can take your own photos in the museum.

4. 327 Edgewood Ave SE

The doors to the Music Room are incredibly unique and will make all of your music loving friends want to visit, too.

5. 10 Krog Street NE

There are a few Greg Mike pieces on Krog street (as you will see) and they're incredibly large yet fantastic.

6. The Other Greg Mike Piece

This one is on the street near the above one on a garage door.

7. A Ricky Watts Piece

This is also located on Krog street, right next to the first Greg Mike art.

8. The HOXXOH Art

I warned you that many were on Krog street. This is next to the work before this one.

9. Lela Brunet's Art

Guess what street this one is on. If you guessed Krog, you are right. To get to this one, you have to walk through a heavily graffitied tunnel.

10. The Above Mentioned Graffiti Tunnel

11. The Final Krog Street Piece

12. 339 Edgewood Ave NE

Easily my favorite one of the whole trip. It was done by Caroline Caldwell.

13. This Geometric Wall

This one can be found at 969 Marietta St NW.