11 Murals In Charleston, SC For Your Instagram Aesthetic

11 Murals In Charleston, SC That Will Boost Your Instagram Aesthetic

You'll for sure have the best pics in Charleston!

4613

I love Charleston, obviously!!!! With the rise of public art in South Carolina, it's one of the most unique places I've ever been and the sightseeing options are endless. If you don't love a good INSTA ~aesthetic~ I GTG. I love a good Instagram as much as the next person, so here are 11 instagrammable places in Charleston, SC. With these eye-catching murals on your feed, you'll for sure have the best pictures in Charleston!!!

1. Power & Glory

Location: 161 Calhoun Street

This mural was created in 2014 by Shepard Fairey as part of an exhibit at the Halsey Institute of Contemporary Art. The mural is part of College Lodge, a College of Charleston residence hall, right next to the Halsey Institute and symbolizes a "celebration and critique of Americana with an emphasis on the meanings of power."

2. All Hail The King

Location: Lewis BBQ on 464 N Nassau Street

Great BBQ and this incredible art? What more could you want?

3. Redux Contemporary Art Center

Location: 136 St. Phillip Street

Columbia native and artist Tripp Barnes joined by Jennifer Pinckney. Right near the College of Charleston campus on the outside of a non-profit organization committed to contemporary art through diverse exhibitions, subsidized studio space for visual artists and meaningful education programs.

4. Holy City Brewing

Location: 4155 Dorchester Road North Charleston, SC 29405

The Holy City story is about a team of four guys dedicated to craft beer and their community, aiming to bring more of one to the other.

5. Rogue Motion

Location: 1411 Folly Road

Amazing art by found on Folly Road.

6. Avondale

Location: West Ashley

Many murals can be found in West Ashley's Avondale neighborhood, in an area sometimes referred to as Alicia Alley.

7. Renoir Redux

Location: 68 1/2 Queen Street

Close to nice restaurants and great historic views.

8. GrowFood Carolina

Location: 990 Morrison Drive

GrowFood Carolina's mission is to help link local farmers to local and regional markets by providing adequate infrastructure.

9. Groucho's Deli

Location: 364 King Street

Another of Shepard Fairey's creations in the Holy City.

10. Cynthia Graham Hurd Memorial Mural

Location: 1067 King Street

Brooklyn-based artist Nick Kuszyk who is also known as R. ROBOTS. In honor of Cynthia Graham Hurd who spent 31 years working for the Charleston County Public Library.

11. Huger + Hanover Streets

Location: Huger and Hanover Streets (downtown)

Sreet art by Lisbon-based painter Sergio Odeith and located near Taco Boy!!!

Whether you're visiting or lived here for years you're guaranteed to have the best pictures of Charleston, SC.