Pipe Bombs Sent to Democrats

Heating Up Before the Midterm Elections

Threatening the Democratic Party weeks before the election, pipe bombs have been sent to top tier members of the party.

473

Since Monday, October 22nd, 14 devices seeming to be pipe bombs were sent to distinguished members of the Democratic Party, including Hillary Clinton and Barack Obama. Maxine Waters, George Soros, and Kamala Harris were among the others to receive these threatening devices. In light of the fact that Maxine Waters of the US House of Representatives, billionaire George Soros, and Kamala Harris, a senator, and former attorney general for CA, are all of the Democratic party and all critics of Donald Trump, it is clear that whoever mailed these devices had a motive. George Soros was the first to receive his package on Monday the 22nd; he is a wealthy benefactor for the Democratic party and one of the top donors for the 2018 election cycle. Early in the election cycle, he made a donation of $15 million to Democratic causes. However, the pipe bomb has not deterred him and he remains open to making another major investment as the midterm election looms nearer. On Wednesday, Hillary Clinton, John O. Brennan, Barack Obama, Maxine Waters, and Eric H. Holder Jr. received packages similar to Soros. Thursday showed more packages with Robert de Niro and Joseph R. Biden Jr. receiving their respective bombs. On the final day, James R. Clapper Jr., Kamala Harris, Tom Steye, and Cory Booker were the victims.

Furthering the scope of the attack, on Wednesday the CNN office in the Time Warner Center attack evacuated due to a pipe bomb targeting the news outlet. The bombs have all been intercepted before they could harm anyone; however, it's not apparent that they would have been entirely functioning for their intended purpose.

Overall, all of the victims of these pipe bombs are staunch critics of both Donald Trump and the Republican party; this sends a message loud and clear. They reflect a volatile time in American politics when dialogue has reached a boiling point.