Everyone Has Pinterest Boards They Would Sell Their Soul to Recreate

Hi, my name is Arielle and I basically live on Pinterest. This is not even a question, but rather a statement that I stand by with my entire being. #iwishthiswassponsored

15

Pinterest has something for everyone. With its constant updates, any search yields thousands of results and every day you are able to find something new. It seems as if Pinterest has absolutely no limits to the inspiration that it provides for people around the world.

Feeling soft and girly for a hot minute? Not a problem. Want to achieve a cool skater vibe too? They have tons of ideas for that. On Pinterest, absolutely anything is possible. The amount of posts to gather inspiration from and interact with are almost endless.

There are two things that I like the most about Pinterest:

1. You can add, delete, and edit your boards on a whim

2. They are just inspiration

Your boards are your own. You are allowed to change them as much as your heart desires. But the most important thing to remember is that the pictures are not set in stone. They are meant to guide you in your recreations, acting as a base for you to add your own flair.

I myself am not exempt from the depths of Pinterest and often find myself searching through the site for hours on end; the app is constantly open on my phone for whenever an idea strikes and I need to find the exact inspiration I am looking for. I love Pinterest so much that I did an entire presentation on it for my Social Informatics course this past spring semester. Personally, my Pinterest boards tend to focus more on fashion and aesthetic pictures for an apartment I will not be living in this year (we love a good RUScrew) plus a few random ones for those delightful times I feel like painting instead of being lazy.

Just like everyone else, my style is always changing. As much as I have my own styles, I always find myself drawn to certain aspects of today's trends. But, the best thing about Pinterest is that it allows me to find inspiration that blends the best parts of everything that I like. For example, Pinterest enables me to find different ways to mesh (almost clashing) patterns and/or colors without looking trashy or how to mix textures. And this goes for pretty much anything: fashion, apartment décor, painting, literally anything. I always find my best ideas from Pinterest.

From the brief look at my dashboard I am realizing that all my boards more or less the same. Most (if not all) of my boards are coming from the same place, as I look for inspiration to fit my current and always evolving tastes. But that is the beauty of Pinterest. Whether it takes years or minutes for your passions, interests, and styles to change, there is always something for you to find. The inspiration is always there if you're willing to look for it. Pinterest is not just fashion, home décor and interior design, or arts and crafts; it provides results for anything you are looking for. My feed has evolved over the years and it will continue to do so for as long as I live probably.