8 Of Pierce The Veil's Greatest Deep Cuts

In honor of their announcement regarding their fourth album.

7390

On Friday, March 18, around noon, the emo side of the Internet broke. Pierce the Veil, after nearly four years after releasing their mega-hit record, "Collide With the Sky," announced that their fourth studio album would be entitled "Misadventures" and released on May 13. Madness ensued for the next few hours after this news was released, with sobs and screams being heard around the world.

This news was a long time coming and highly anticipated. Fans were teased with a single entitled “The Divine Zero” released over the summer and a run on Vans Warped Tour in 2015, expecting an album to be announced soon after. This limbo period between the summer and last Friday, when the album was announced, drove fans (including me) absolutely crazy. But now, people can safely rejoice knowing that they will soon hear Vic Fuentes sing new beautifully tragic songs that Pierce the Veil is so well known for creating.

In honor of Pierce the Veil’s album news, and the fact that basically every single one of their songs is flawless, here is a list of Pierce the Veil’s best deep cuts that not everyone may know about.

1. "Million Dollar Houses (The Painter)" from "Selfish Machines"

This song is often overlooked on "Selfish Machines," mainly due to their most popular song “Caraphernelia” being featured on the album amid other fan favorites. But, it has great, honest lyrics — and it is pretty much common knowledge that the song is written about Fuentes’s parents — and deserves a good listen every now and again.

2. "Tangled in the Great Escape" from "Collide With the Sky"

This song features Jason Butler from letlive. and does not get as much love as it deserves sometimes. It is a different kind of song for Pierce the Veil to create, but it works so well for them in conjunction with Butler’s unique voice that I cannot stop listening to it some days.

3. "Drella" from "A Flair for the Dramatic"

One of their more “hardcore” songs, so to speak, “Drella” is a masterpiece in itself that does not get much attention anymore due to the new music PTV has released since then. It features a lot of screaming and hard-hitting lyrics, and is a great song to put on when you need to focus if hardcore is your thing.

4. "I Don’t Care If You’re Contagious" from "Selfish Machines"

This is one of Fuentes' finest love songs, even if does not seem like it when first listening to it. This song perfectly captures Pierce the Veil’s love song brand that they sell so well. Haunting lyrics about loving someone so much, but doing it in such a catchy and head-banging way was pretty much reinvented by Fuentes throughout PTV’s albums, and this song proves it the most.

5. "Wonderless" from "A Flair for the Dramatic"

The last song on "A Flair for the Dramatic," “Wonderless” is a sad, dreamy piece that makes any emo kid’s heart swell. This song features Fuentes discussing self-deterioration, among other things and, overall, is a morbid but stunning way to end an album. This song demonstrates Pierce the Veil’s essence as a band and their paradoxical sad but strangely happy music.

6. "Props and Mayhem" from "Collide With the Sky"

Yet another piece where the lyrics do not quite match up with the mood of the song, this song off Pierce the Veil’s most recent album is a favorite of mine, but generally underrated in the music community. It is not the most popular, but arguably should be listened to and appreciated much more within the fan base. The imagery described in the song combined with the catchy beat makes it the fantastic song that it is.

7. "Stay Away from My Friends" from "Selfish Machines"

This is a slow, moody song where Fuentes discusses the need for his friends and what is assumed to be a breakup. It is another heart-swelling piece with jarring lyrics that can make anyone release their inner-emo, even if only for a moment. It deserves endless listening on any rainy day.

8. "I’m Low on Gas and You Need a Jacket" from "Collide With the Sky"

On a personal note, I saved this song for last because it is probably one of my favorite Pierce the Veil songs of all time (it is not “Disasterology,” off of "Selfish Machines," but it is close). Although it is typically included in Pierce the Veil’s setlist, the song is not given as much appreciation as other songs off of "Collide with the Sky." There is an album version, an alternate version and acoustic version of the song, each one just as excellent in their own different way. “I’m Low on Gas and You Need a Jacket” is one of PTV’s best works, and by far their absolute greatest deep cut.