Picking Student Housing, As Told By 'Black Mirror'

Well, folks, it’s that time of the year again.

390

Well, folks, it’s that time of the year again. It’s time to pick housing for next year. It’s a stressful time of year, of course, because you have to figure out who you want to live with, as well as pick what kind of building you want to have.

Picking your roommates alone is hard enough, especially if you either have too many friends or not enough friends. Eventually, somebody might get split from the group or you may have to deal with some randoms. Sometimes you don’t want to live with your friends because you know how they live by now, and you want no part in that mess of a lifestyle.

Dealing with the housing office is a pain because they are most times impossible and have ridiculous policies. Here is the exact process of picking your student housing.

1. Freshman housing.

It’s all nasty in its own way. I’m so sorry.

2. When you realize housing time is here again.

It’s exciting to live somewhere new and to pick out all of the cute plates, rugs, and shower curtains with the people you are planning to live with. New is always exciting.

3. When you look at the cost per housing assignment.

You owe so much money already! Why do you want the most expensive housing assignment? Because it looks pretty and you get a big bed…

4. When you have to find roommates.

So much stress! So much fear! You don’t want to get stuck with the wrong people because it will make your next year a living hell.

5. When you think you have found a good person to live with and they say they intend on partying 24/7.

Guys… you go to college to actually GO TO COLLEGE...

6. When housing screws you over again.

Come on, guys! Give me a better time!

7. When you're trying to find a good housing assignment.

It's so hard when there are so little good options left over.

8. When you see the place you want... fill up in front of your eyes...

It’s just so unfair!

9. When you get a terrible housing assignment and you have to deal with it.

Ugh, why?

10. When you actually manage a decent assignment and you are living with your BFF.

So thankful you don’t have to suffer through another year alone.