Pick me up: A Poem

Pick me up: A Poem

A sad moment does not mean a sad life.
869

Sometimes we confuse a sad moment with a sad life. This poem/example is just a reminder that you can get through anything.

“Why am I so unhappy?” I think to myself as I cry silently

Tears pouring out of my eyes ,staining my pillow with a pool of tears

As I sit up from my bed and look in the mirror, a small part of me realizes I’m not unhappy, I am unhappy with this situation.

I have realized in those small moments when I feel the most vulnerable, the most insecure

That my achievements are far vaster than my failures

That a sad moment does not mean a sad life

Sad moments take up a lot of people’s lives, like a black cloud huddling over a person for a time period where they confuse this one moment with the rest of their life.

No, my friends we are not unhappy people

We are just experiencing unhappy moments

That this moment, this time of unhappiness is just temporary

That eventually things will go back to normal

You will feel yourself once again

You will soon be on a roller coaster that will only go up

You will not be upset any longer I promise you.

Things will get better but only with time, energy, and positive people in your life that matter to you.

For my friends that are struggling now, that maybe struggle everyday

I am here for you

I am sorry that temporary unhappiness to you is a reality everyday

That you feel like it is impossible to be happy

I am here to tell you that even if you think you can’t, you can

I am here for you if you ever need me, just let me know

Xoxoxox -Chrysanne