8 Reasons My Real Books Are Better Than Your E-Books, Don't Even Try To Argue With Me

No matter what you say, you cannot convince me that e-readers are worth giving up paper books.
59

Let's face it: Kindles, Nooks, and whatever other e-readers/tablets are out there simply don't compare to real, paper books. I don't care what your reasoning is, you will not be able to convince me that an ebook is going to please me as much as a traditional paperback. Here are my top eight reasons my books are better than your e-reader.

1. You don't have to charge a book.

Even e-readers with paper-like displays will die eventually and inevitably that will happen the second you actually get comfortable. Books made of real paper are always ready to go.

2. Looking at the covers of books on a screen does not compare to walking through Barnes and Noble or whatever bookstore you frequent and seeing all of the thousands of choices you have.

The different shapes, sizes, and colors of actual books make reading so much more fascinating than staring at graphics of them on your e-reader.

3. Borrowing ebooks from an online library system is way too complicated.

I've never actually been able to figure out how online libraries work. Plus, previewing books is much easier at a real library

4. You won't find an ebook at a garage sale or thrift store.

I cannot begin to describe the joy of going through a pile of old books and finding that perfect novel to add to your collection or the feeling of getting a good deal on a hard-to-find book. Even with sales, your e-reader can't recreate this feeling.

5. Your favorite author can't sign your e-reader.

If you don't own the physical book, you have zero motivation to go to a book signing. You'll never get to know just how quirky and amazing your favorite author is in real life.

6. You can't take notes in the margins of your ebook.

Plus, you'll won't meet your Jess Mariano if you don't have a book for him to steal.

7. You'll never achieve a Joanna Gaines-level bookshelf if you aren't actually buying books.

Don't you dare try to tell me you haven't pinned a picture like this or fawned over Joanna Gaines staging a bookshelf such as this one. Your single e-reader just can't create this same look.

8. E-readers don't have that book smell.

Be it an old book or a new book, you know the smells I'm talking about. E-readers can do a lot, but they haven't figured out how to replicate the smell.

I could go on and on about the value of books, but I think you probably get the point. We have enough technology creeping into our lives at work and school. We really don't need more tech encroaching on our leisure time even more.