Photography Tips For Beginners

Photography Tips For Beginners

Photography tips that beginners need to learn.

9
Photography Tips For Beginners
Lindsay Vaughn

First off, if you are interested in photography, you need to buy a DSLR camera and understand how the camera works; I would suggest reading the manual before you begin to play with the camera. You might be asking how I know which camera to buy. Well you need to do some research on DSLR cameras before you purchase anything. You need to take time and look at the comparisons of functions of the DSLR cameras and of the prices for the DSLR cameras. There are a couple types of DSLR camera categories so I am going to explain the categories in more depth. A beginning DSLR camera is probably the most affordable for a teenager or a young adult.

This photographer is also just getting into photography so they are still learning about the art. The cameras in this category normally run from $500 to $800. The next DSLR camera category is Advanced Photographer. The people in this group have some knowledge about photography; however, these photographers are still learning about the process of photography as well. These photographers are also still learning about how to make their photographs look better. Instead of just taking their photographs in auto, these photographers focus on aperture and focus points of photography. The DSLR cameras in this category are normally $1,000-$1,800. The last category of DSLR cameras is Professional Photographer. The photographers in this group are the best photographers in the world because of their experience levels with photography. These photographers spend their lives just taking photos of people, animals or landscapes. Most of the people in this group have extremely successful photography businesses or they work for National Geographic Magazine. The DSLR cameras in this category are normally $3,000-$10,000.

Which would I buy: a Canon or a Nikon?

I would advise buying a Nikon as your first camera. I would suggest a Nikon because with a Nikon you can use the same lenses with every Nikon body. I suggest this because if you have a starter Nikon camera and decide to buy something else or upgrade once you have more experience, you can still keep the same lenses that you have. You will not have to purchase another starter set of lenses for your new camera if you have a Nikon. However, if you want more lenses you still can still buy more. I am just thinking about spending costs for DSLR cameras and lenses.

What accessories do I need to buy with my DSLR camera?

You must buy a camera bag that can hold your camera body and at least three or more lenses. You also need to have at least one extra battery or more. This is just in case your battery dies during a shoot, you will have an extra one to keep shooting your client. You need to have at least two extra memory cards, preferably 64 GB each. You need these cards just in case you fill up your card and are still in the middle of a shoot with a client. Doing this guarantees that your client will be happy that you came prepared for the shoot. You also need to buy a clear filter to protect your lens and a good lens cleaning kit.