My Best Friend and I Started a YouTube Channel

We started our YouTube channel for us, not for the potential fame.

131
Anna Kayser

My best friend and I decided to start our YouTube channel about a year ago. But we did not start it with the intention of gaining millions of subscribers and becoming incredibly famous. We started our YouTube channel for us.

When we are old and wrinkly, we want something to look back on. Documenting your life is so important. Even the mundane, ordinary days are so incredible in their own way, and in the future, I will want to remember the time I spent sitting on the couch, watching Pretty Little Liars because while it is ordinary, it is also so special. That time spent on the couch with my friends is time spent in love, and that night eating pasta at our friend's apartment is something that we might not be able to do again. Life is constantly changing, and sometimes it slips right before our eyes. You should live in every moment, but you should also document the good parts. Sometimes our memories fail us, and we want to relive moments again, and we can only do that if we document them.

I don't shame people who take a ton of pictures, or who take videos. I am actually always so touched when my friends take videos of me or want to take pictures. It shows that the people around you care. That they love you, and they want to remember you, and they want to have pictures of you and videos of you to share with themselves and to share with the world.

So, our YouTube video is just us. Us as we are right now. Tomorrow it will be a different us because every day we are different. And the next day will be different too. But isn't it so incredible to witness that change? Yes, our videos only have even less than 100 views sometimes. And no, making the videos is not a priority for us. But when we are raising our kids and they ask us what we are like in college, we will pull up annaandgracie on YouTube and show them.

I urge you to document your life. Take a lot of pictures. Take way too many pictures! Print them out, hang them on your walls, and be surrounded by the happiness that comes from each memory. And continue to make more memories, and take more pictures, and let yourself have something to look back on and smile about when time seems to have flown away.