I Don't Want Fortune Or Fame, But I Do Want Personal Glory

Everyone wants to live out their dreams and I'm determined to do the best I can with mine.

26

Anyone that knows me understands my admiration for sports. People also recognize that running is an important part of my life. Ever since the day I fell in love with the sport, I thought about what my highest career goals would be. I spent countless nights dreaming about the things I want to accomplish. There are so many goals I have in mind but three stand out to me in particular; I want to run a marathon, run at least 50,000 miles in my career and make the United States Olympic Team.

Yes, I get how wild these goals of mine sound. The odds may not be in my favor but that does not stop me. Sometimes I get nervous thinking about how I would ever manage to accomplish these goals. They are not easy and it's going to take a lot of hard work in order to achieve them, but I'm confident in my abilities. I like the idea that these goals scare me. They push me out of my comfort zone to try something new. It's not like I have anything to lose at this point in my life.

Watching athletes compete in the Olympic games every four years inspires me to keep going for my dream. Some of the greatest professionals to step foot on this earth are winning medals well into their 30s and 40s. So watching athletes like Mo Farah (35), Usain Bolt (32), Ashton Eaton (31) and Eliud Kipchoge (34) win Olympic gold inspires me. They give me hope that its never too late to keep shooting for your dreams.

Even if I fail to try to accomplish these goals, the journey is what life is supposed to be all about. Regardless I am going to keep running until I can't run anymore because it's part of who I am.