Personal Goals for the New Year

My Personal Goals For The New Year

A different perspective on the traditional "New Years Resolution," the promises and goals that I am setting for myself for the new year.

69
My Personal Goals For The New Year

We all have lived, experienced, and talked about our New Years Resolutions, or how something can just wait for the New Year and we will address it then. The most common one everyone hears and probably says every year is that they will start exercising more and eating healthier starting January, I mean gyms on New Years Day are always packed, but they don't stay that way for long. New Years Resolutions are notorious for being given up on, dropped, forgotten and year after year everyone says "Oh well, I guess I will just wait for next year."

That is why this year I am taking a pledge to myself to not be that person. Of course, I want to put more focus on different aspects of my life, I want to eat healthier and be more active, but this time I am going to make a resolution that can last the whole year.

In 2019, I want to work daily to create a mindset, lifestyle, and world for myself where I can thrive in every aspect of life. I want to surround myself with individuals that encourage me and inspire me to work harder and work towards my goals. I want to take time each day and week to check in with my own mental health and make sure that I am doing what is best for myself, something that I have already started to work on. This year, I want to focus on me and make sure that I put myself first. I am taking a pledge to myself that in any decision that I make this year I make it with the confidence that it is the best decision for me. This applies to every aspect of my life and every decision that I make which allows it to be a resolution that I can work towards for the entire year. The end goal is only a healthier and happier life for myself which will allow me to be a better friend, family member, and person to others.

Many may say that taking a pledge like this is "selfish," but if we really think about it, isn't every resolution we make a tad bit selfish? There is nothing wrong with doing what is best for you in any way shape or form so long as it isn't causing harm to others in the process. I think taking this step for me personally is something brave, my mental health and focusing on myself is something that I have struggled with severely over the past few months. Finally being at the stage where I can acknowledge it, address it, and take active steps to improve it feels so empowering and free-ing like a weight has been lifted off of my shoulders.

So with that, I take this pledge for the rest of 2018 and for 2019, to focus on myself, care for myself, nourish myself, and allow myself to thrive in the best environment possible. And with that I ask you, the reader, what goal can you make for yourself for 2019 that will allow you to succeed to the best of your ability and be the best form of yourself, and are you willing to make and work towards that goal?