To The Person In My Unofficial Assigned Seat

There's a special place in hell for people who steal another person's designated seat.

206
imgur.com

It's just a normal Tuesday morning in the blissful serenity that is life. I wake up, watch a bunch of snap stories, get ready for my day, and venture out to grab life by the wrist and take it for a ride. Ahh, college. What a time to be alive. Life is but a dream.

I walk into class -- something I could do without, but you gotta do what you gotta do. And then, it happens.

At first, I look around to make sure I'm in the right class. Then, I check the time and make sure I didn't accidentally set my clock back an hour or so, for whatever reason. Logic doesn't exist anymore. Then the panic starts to set in and I fear being in a parallel universe where apparently no one has any mannersand just takes a seatthat obviously belongsto me!

We are five weeks into the semester. For five weeks we've come to the same classroom at the same time and sat in the same seats. And now, right in the cusp of our youth, I get this curveball thrown my way. What did I do to deserve this? How am I supposed to go on with my day when I've already experienced this trauma so early on in it?

Reality hits. And I have to start accepting the fact that I just won't get to sit in my seat today because some guy in a Supreme hat and Patagonia sweater forgot the way the world works. I can pretty much forget taking in any information and learning during class because my mind's all wrapped around the fact that there are people in this world who don't respect unofficially assigned seating arrangements.

So here's my message to you, and every other seat thief out there. We live in a world filled with oppression, war, and sadness. One of the few solaces we have out there is a common courtesy known among college students to respect one another's seat checks. If we don't have that, what do we have? You owe it to your country to stop being the awful human you are and to stick to your own seat all semester. Do it for the children.

With contempt,

Rightful owner of the unassigned seat