Why A Dog Makes The Perfect Boyfriend

Why A Dog Makes The Perfect Boyfriend

He'll be there for me when life gets, well, "ruff."

18
Why A Dog Makes The Perfect Boyfriend
Author's photo

This year, I was lucky enough to have the best valentine a girl could ever ask for. Seriously, how did I get so lucky? His name is Charlie, and he makes me so happy.

He wakes me up with kisses in the morning, so happy to see me. We cuddle and he keeps me warm and cozy. I tell him how stressed I am and he listens intently, looking up at me, lovingly, with his big brown eyes. I am reminded how loved I am.

I leave for class or work, and even after a long day, Charlie greets me with more kisses upon my arrival. He is always willing to listen to me, even if I just want to complain. He never judges me, and loves me for who I am on the inside.

Charlie... is my dog. I've had him for nine years, and I love him more and more each day. He means the absolute world to me. He is a gift from God and I am thankful for him every day. When I see his handsome face, I can't help but smile.

I was sad that I was going to be alone on Valentine's Day, but that's when I realized that the best valentine I could ask for was right in front of me. Charlie, my #1 boy.

Charlie is getting old and I know deep down that he doesn't have much time left with us. I want to make every moment with him count. He has done more for me than I could ever ask for. He helped get me through some hard times in my life. He is the greatest dog I could ever ask for, and one of the greatest blessings in my life.

Charlie, I know you can't read this, but thank you for everything. Your girl loves you.

XOXO, T