A Pep Talk On How To Make 2017 Your Year

New year, new mindset.

11
It Security Guru

Helloooooo and happy 2017! I hope all of you are doing well so far. I'm sure you've heard the saying "New year, new me!" or "This is my year!". Well, we are gonna talk about how to make 2017 your year.

Every year we make resolutions like to lose weight or to get better grades. We want to start out on Day 1, and keep up these resolutions for all 365 days. It all seems like a lovely plan, but by doing this, you are almost setting yourself up for disappointment. Now, don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that it isn't possible. What I'm saying is that we set these expectations for ourselves, and sometimes when we don't meet them, we become disappointed in ourselves. There's grace in everything. Don't aim for perfection, aim for a better you. There are bound to be days that you don't stick to your diet or that you forget to do your homework, or that you sleep in a little too late, and that is okay. The thing that matters is that you are trying to better yourself.

In 2017, challenge yourself, not to be perfect in your goals, but to grow as a result of them.

This year, love yourself more. Love those around you more. Speak life into the people you surround yourself with. Make healthy decisions in your relationships. Make healthy decisions in your personal life. Do what is going to make you a better version of you.

My mother always says, "Think about where you want to be in five years. If the decisions you are making now won't get you there, then make better decisions."

Do what's best for your future. Honor God. Conquer 2017. You have the power to make this your year.

Now, drink some coffee, and go tackle this month.

Blessings!