What People Are Saying About Taylor Swift's New Album #Reputation

...Ready For It?

111
https://az616578.vo.msecnd.net/files/2017/11/20/636468056317323375-208897972_02-taylor-swift-press-photo-2017-a-billboard-1548.jpg

After three whole years of being deprived of new Taylor Swift music, it is finally here. On November 10, 2017, Taylor released her long-awaited album, "Reputation." She leaked a few songs over the past few months and now the whole album is available on iTunes. So, what exactly are people saying about her new album and new sound?

Her album, "Reputation," features 15 new tracks, including already-fan-favorites, "Look What You Made Me Do," "Gorgeous," "...Ready For It?" and "Call It What You Want." People seemed to have mixed feelings about these songs when they were released on Spotify and iTunes earlier this fall. Some say they love the "new Taylor Swift," whereas others want her to bring back her old sound. In her first song on the album, she speaks the lyrics: "I'm sorry, the old Taylor can't come to the phone right now...Why?...Oh, 'cause she's dead!" Most of her songs could be considered "pop," different than most of her other albums and a complete 180 from her roots in the country music scene.

To find out what people are saying about her album, I first looked at the reviews on the iTunes album itself. Most of the listeners have given positive feedback. Comments include, "Taylor is back and she is fierce," and "This album is Taylor being brutally honest and I am here for it." Others have been giving it low ratings, commenting, "She is trying a different style and it isn't working for her," and "What happened to Taylor from the past?" Although her album got a majority rating of 5 stars on iTunes, there were many people who said they didn't care for her new style.

Even celebrities have been talking about Reputation. Keith Urban tweeted saying "Hey @TaylorSwift13... I LOVE the album. End Game = A Game. and New Years Day... GORGEOUS!!!!!!!" Madilyn Bailey mentioned, " is a piece of art." Whereas Todrick Hall tweeted, "Gagging listening to ." There were many different celebs that shared their thoughts on Twitter and Instagram. Most comments were positive and encouraging of Taylor's new sound!

The album is only available in stores and for purchase on iTunes as of right now. I know Apple Music and Spotify listeners are eagerly waiting for her to release the album to these apps. One source says that Taylor plans to release the album on other streaming sites a week after the album release. So for those Spotify subscribers like myself, we don't have to rush out and purchase the album!

You'll just have to listen to Taylor Swift's new album and see for yourself! Her old music was great and many people want her to bring it back, but change can sometimes be a good thing. Personally, I loved the old Taylor, but after listening to the album a few times, it is starting to grow on me more and more! However, maybe the "old" Taylor Swift will make a reappearance in her next album.