9 People You Can Find in Davis Library During Finals Season

Finals Are Coming, So Here Are 9 People You Can Expect To Find In Davis Library In The Coming Weeks

Davis in April is almost as wild as Wal-Mart is all year.

1731
Alexis Byrd

Finals season is a struggle for all of us, but come on, people. It's like we collectively fall into anarchy about halfway through April. Nothing, not even the library, is sacred.

Here is the diverse cast of characters brought to you by Finals.™

1. The One Who Won't Shut Up

I'm looking at you, Davis 2nd Floor. I mean, really? Talking at your Lenoir-at-lunchtime volume doesn't cut it during finals season. It may be the relatively chill second floor, but it's still the library.

2. The Nap Kween

They're just taking up a whole chair/couch/table to snooze. I dare you to leave them a passive-aggressive (but lowkey really encouraging, because finals are hard) post-it note.

At least they (usually) aren't snoring.

3. The Typer

We all have final papers to write, but this person is really wildin'. They've been typing without pause for like two hours, and their keys are clicking almost as loudly as the One Who Won't Shut Up is talking. This is chaos, people.

4. The Procrastinator

You notice this person because they're staring so intently at their laptop. They must be really working hard, right?

No. When you pass their table, you realize they're just watching a Vine compilation on YouTube. Disclaimer, this person might actually be you.

5. The...Sensitive One

This person has been on Facebook for the last twenty minutes, but they have the nerve to shoot you the stink eye when you whisper very quietly to your friend. The audacity.

6. The Actual Student

Studious and prepared, this person is equipped with a barrage of highlighters and sticky notes. They're actually studying like this is some kind of school or something. Nerds.

7. The Visitor

This person doesn't go to UNC; they just want to take advantage of the free Wi-Fi on the UNC-provided desktop computers. It's the middle of finals-studying season and you can't get your work done because this person is watching random YouTube videos on the computer you need.

Oh, the joys of open-to-the-public Davis Library.

8. The Resident

On the flip side of the visitor, you have the new Davis Library tenant.

This person has a stack of books beside them, a pillow behind their back, and a couple of empty coffee cups scattered around their table. It's clear that they've been parked here since the library opened. Press F to pay respects.

8. The Personal Crisis

Speaking of paying respects, next we have the person who's having a meltdown in the library. Who knows what prompted it—that 12-page research paper they just realized was due tomorrow, the very last COMP 110 assignment specially designed to break spirits, or perhaps just a general realization that we're all paying tons of money to suffer like this.

Whatever the case, the Personal Crisis has been crying silently in the corner since you got to the library.

On second thought, maybe you should just avoid the library and study in your room for today. Who needs campus resources during finals, anyway?