People Are Naturally Good

People Are Naturally Good

Good Or Evil At Heart

337
People Are Naturally Good
Amber Lange

I’ve been stuck in the thought of whether people are truly good at heart or bad at heart. What is our natural way of life and how do we overcome it? I’m not sure if we are just corrupted by society or if people just naturally suck. Is it our instinct to choose good or evil?

I’m not here to answer your question or to write about the research done. I’m only here to give my take on the question. Ask me again in a year from now and my opinion may have completely flipped, but for now, I am taking the good side. I believe that deep down, no matter how hard you have to look, everyone has a little good in them.

For myself, It’s natural to have respect for others until they prove to me that they do not deserve it. I’ll smile or talk to anyone/everyone no matter who they are, and I’d be there for someone in a heartbeat if they needed me.

The big question for me is wondering if this is a mankind kind of thing or individual. Maybe some of are born naturally good and others just aren’t.

I know people who would take a bullet for a complete stranger yet I know people who would intentionally hurt others to bring themselves up. The world is a sad place if you look at all the negativity spreading like wildfire. But every once in awhile you find those people whose happiness radiates like sunshine.

All the points made certainly makes it sound like people are instinctively evil, but here’s why I don’t believe that:

There can be a million reasons why people are naturally evil and only one reason as to why we are naturally good, yet no amount of negative remarks will change my opinion right now. God made each and every one of us unique. Life happens and people make mistakes, people change, it’s a roller-coaster. One thing I do know is that God doesn’t mess up. He may not control the good and the bad in people, but I do believe we all started out with a heart of gold.

Society molds us and the people we surround ourselves with influence us. It is inevitable. But God doesn’t make our decisions for us. He knows us better than we know ourselves and has everything planned out, but he gives us the power to decide between right and wrong. So just because hearts diminish over time for those who are considered “evil,” some hearts just keep growing.

I believe that people are born with hearts bigger than themselves, but we choose over time how we treat it. I hope that you have all chosen to be good, be with God, and defeat the evil. Be the happiness and the sunshine in the life of others. Be the good.