How To Deal With Fake People

I was a pretty petty person. I used to be offended when that girl from high school unfollowed me on Instagram or that girl I hated blocked me on Snapchat. I would obsess over it for days and rant to my friends about it. And honestly, it took a lot of energy out of me. Yes, sometimes you gotta be a little petty or else you're just too nice. But sometimes, it's much more convenient to not give a shit rather than actually give a shit.

It's 2018. People have multiple personalities. It's astonishing how quickly we switch them to adapt to our surroundings. We have our Instagram personality, our party personality, or our professional personality... The list goes on. Although in some cases, it's important to adapt ourselves based on the people around us.ometimes you end up hurting others when you lose track of who you are or what you say. You don't like that girl? Stop hanging out with her and acting like you love her. Stop leaving all those emoji comments under her Instagram posts. Don't be all sweet and lovey dovey to her face and then talk smack about her behind her back.

Don't get me wrong, I used to be that type of girl. I wanted to please everyone around me, even those people I couldn't stand. But I slowly realized that I don't have to waste so much of my energy to be friendly with everyone and have such a huge social circle. Right now, I only have a couple of friends and family that I couldn't imagine my life without. And I'm totally fine with that. I'm over trying to hang out with people who don't really care about me. I'm over being super nice to those who don't even appreciate it.

Now, I'm not gonna be a bitch to someone just because I hate them. I've learned to be above that. I just stay out of their way as long as they stay out of mine. And TRUST ME, it is so much more relieving to let shit go and not let unnecessary drama into your head rather than obsess about someone and carry such a heavy load of hate for them. Because when you let that heavy load off your shoulders, life will be so much better. And I'm not even exaggerating. You will feel happier. You will learn to appreciate the real ones that you have in your life. You will enjoy life as it is without all that petty shit included.

But this idea of letting shit go over your head and not allowing it to affect you is not an easy thing to do. It's a process. I only learned throughout my freshman year of college by meeting all types of people. Some of those I met I didn't get along with and it took me a while to realize that their energy and fakeness is not what I need in my life. However, I was lucky enough to have met people that I know will stick by me for the rest of my life. The key is to know the difference between those who are in your life to stay and those who are so fake that it's better to let them go rather than let them drag you into their pretend world.