25 Pet Peeves We Need To Consider to avoid making blood boil

We all have that breaking point, or petty points, some more than others.

97

We spend an average of 6-10 hours of our lives out with people. Whether that be at work, school or with friends/families. Even though a lot of people are patient and are people-lovers, there are some things that tend to grind our gears. I asked around and there are many pet peeves that we can all agree to or find comical. (Many people were eager to answer me when I asked about their peeves.)

1.Bad drivers

"People who drive recklessly fast, overly slow, don't use a signal."

2.“When people do not clean after themselves”/ “When people leave wrappers around.”

Anything dealing with hair or something from your body, please clean up. "Like if you're still sitting there and just haven't gotten up yet, fine, but if you leave the wrapper when you get up? I hate that."

3.“Basic White Men”

Don't be the stereotype.

GIPHY

4.Socks and sandals

Why is that even a thing?

GIPHY

5.When people don’t hold the door for me or don’t thank me for holding the door for them.

GIPHY

Manners please people.

6.”Entitled and inconsiderate people”

GIPHY

It's called empathy

7.People coughing/sneezing without covering their mouths

GIPHY

Please refrain from spreading, especially during flu season.

8.“When people are in my room and keep their shoes on”

GIPHY

Makes me feel like they are about to leave and don't want to hangout with me.

9.Biting nails

GIPHY

Especially in a quiet room when you can hear it...Yuck!

10. “When people tell other people how to live their life when they’re not hurting anyone”

GIPHY

People downplaying your life because they think their life is harder; or when people dismiss the problems of others because it doesn't directly relate to them. Any form of disvaluing another person is a big N-O in my book.

11.Dominating conversations/ "When people cut me off and don't apologize"

GIPHY

One upping in conversations, it is not a competition. Plus when 2 people talk back and forth in a group chat, if you want to talk to only them, don't blow up the group chat.

12.Chewing with mouth open/chewing loudly in general

GIPHY

Can we just all agree to chew with our mouths closed?

13.People eating off your plate without asking first

GIPHY

"I will literally grab their hand before it makes it to their mouth and take whatever they grabbed out of their hand."

14.When people say stuff like “I’m starving” or “I’m so poor”

GIPHY

...but you aren't

15.When people play the victim/People who always think THEIR situation is worse

GIPHY

Buddy we all have our struggles... just listen please.

16.People who are chronically late.

GIPHY

"A one-off I can maybe understand, but it's incredibly rude to think your time is more valuable than the 15 to 30 minutes you're making me wait."

17.Drag their feet when they’re walking

GIPHY

Just pick up your feet!

18.When people have no concept of the need for alone time

GIPHY

"My freshman year roommate spent all her time in the room so I never had time alone and I was ready to choke her out by the end"

19.When strangers talk to you while you’re walking with headphones in

GIPHY

They are on my head for a reason.

20.People underestimating my intelligence

GIPHY

Don't talk to me like I am 3 years old.

21.When people can't correctly spell basic word or mix up "you're" with "your"

GIPHY

"Don't make me turn into a grammar nazi and do a two-hour surgery on your essay for sociology."

22.Someone setting double standards

GIPHY

"Where they say that you couldn't do something but then they go and do it themselves."

23.Sending Mixed Emotions

GIPHY

Be straight with what you are saying. It will make everything that much easier in life.

24.When people walk in the middle of the street

GIPHY

There is a sidewalk right next to them.

25.When people say “no offense” then proceed to say something really offensive.

GIPHY