One Of The Greatest Joys Is Passing Your Road Test

They knew that I worked hard and waited so long to get the license.

72

Do you remember the day when you passed your road test and got your license? Do you remember how you felt when that day actually happened? Recently, I passed my road test and I am so happy about it! The reason why I am happy is because I do not need to wait for my road test and license anymore.

I never learned how to drive during the actual time when high schoolers had to drive. I learned how to drive at the end of senior year. The road test was an obstacle that I had to face while I was in college. I had to do my road test three times due to scheduling problems and bad outcomes in the road test. Waiting to pass my road test was very annoying because I just wanted to get it over with and focus on my other obstacles. The more obstacles I take down, the more fun I have in the very end.

When I took my road test for the very last time, I was scared before I had to start my test. The fear was not like it was before in the two attempts because I was not that excited. I felt like I was my usual self because I was naturally doing my road test. I was not pushing myself to do the road test. I made sure that this time I was prepared than the two attempts. There should not be any mistakes and signs of fear. I felt like I needed to use the bathroom when it was almost time for me to start the road test. However, I told myself to ignore that feeling and just get that road test done with.

The instructor was a nice man. I believe that he was the same instructor during my second attempt because he looked like him. I followed his instructions carefully and made sure that I was also following my own instructions. I made sure that I yielded and turned on my signal when I needed to. At the end of the road test, I was expecting him to say that I made a mistake and must retake the road test. Ironically, he told me that I did a good job. This meant that the wait was finally over. My parents were happy when they heard the news.

Even though the road test was completed, I still had to wait for my license. I did not bring any documents to verify the six points ID. Oh, great. This wait was not over yet. At least it did a few days later when I went back to the DMV to get it. At that time, I was well-prepared and brought all the documents that verified the six points ID. Getting the license did not take as long as expected since appointments at the DMV usually take a long time.

I came back home, feeling happy about my license. I told all of my friends that I finally got my license and they were happy about the news. My parents also felt happy for me. They knew that I worked hard and waited so long to get the license. I am aware that there are many obstacles left for me to finish at college, but for now, I want to taste my victory for overcoming this obstacle.