Final Thank You's Before New Chapter

Thank You And Goodbye To All Those I've Met Along The Way

To everyone before I take on this big crazy world.

237
Maddie Holland

Change is inevitable. Being a recent high school graduate, whether you are on the track to college, the military, or workforce- you tend to catch yourself looking back on all that has already changed in your life to prepare you for the even larger change to come. You could not be where you are today without the influence of those around you. So this is a thank you, and a goodbye to those who made me who I am today.

This one is for the lost souls, and by that, I simply mean all of the friends that I used to know how they spent their day down to the second that I sometimes slip a half smile in public when I see them. The people that were once homes to me are now nothing but tall abandoned buildings, filled with empty memories. Sadly, the moments that serve as major life lessons for me today were spent with people I haven't had in my life for years. You all have shaped me into who I am today, and no matter how much time has elapsed between the last time we spoke or how many miles are between us, I will always be here for you. Thank you.

This one is for the people I already have said goodbye to. This one is dedicated to any enemy I have made on this long journey I call my life. For whatever reason, our paths have either broken off or have never joined, to begin with. The way you have treated me has taught me how to not treat others but has also helped me to better myself for myself. I have realized through you and your words that I can not please everybody, which is the most valuable life lesson. Go out, have fun, and do not spend your time worrying about what others will think of you. You will never be truly happy.

This one goes out to my family. I can never thank you enough for being there for me through all of my ups and downs. You taught me that the true definition of family is not measured by blood, but by the amount of love shared between everyone. You have taught me the importance of family and always pushed me to be the best person I could possibly ever be. Not everyone is blessed with a big, loving family. I could not ask for anything more from you all. Thank you, I love you.

Finally, a huge thank you to my friends who have stuck by my side for years. You have no idea how blessed I am to have a group of friends like you where I can feel so comfortable being myself in. Most people don't keep in touch with their friends from high school, and that's just the harsh reality of it all-- but this isn't the type of friendship most people have. The friendships we have built and the memories we have made will last forever. Thank you.

So many people have impacted my life in such a positive way, and now that I am finally able to begin my path to change the world, I will use all of the lessons you have taught me to better this society we live in. Thank you, from the bottom of my heart.