Dream 6: I Partied With Harry Styles

Dream 6: I Partied With Harry Styles

And we were both Elvis Presley.

73
Dream 6: I Partied With Harry Styles

If you know me at all or follow me on any social media platform, you know that I may have just a little bit of a crush on Harry Styles. I mean, this thing is still going strong. In 2012, his face along with all of the other members of One Direction was plastered on my wall. J-14 posters...everywhere.

Here I am in 2017 and though my walls now have more sophisticated art decorations, (paintings of dogs wearing bowties, hats, and fake mustaches,) I can confidently say that Harry Styles still takes up a good portion of my heart. You may be surprised at the fact that through my 5 years dedicated my life to a boyband and Harry Styles, I have had one dream where Styles decided to show himself. One. In that one dream, he was getting frozen yogurt with strawberries on top. That. Was. It. What kind of dream is that? Until last night. When I had a dream that Harry Styles was at my birthday party.

Let me set the scene. It was night time and I was on the couch with Kelsey, Kian, JC, and Jb. Other people were walking around the house actually partying but that's not important. In my dream, it was winter time so we were all bundled up in sweatpants and sweaters, you know, the usual party attire. One of the guys suggested we go jump in the pool despite the wintertime weather. The few of us that felt rebellious enough to jump into the freezing water did so while wearing snow jackets... because that makes sense right?

Then, I swear, half of my dream was just us trying to get cool Instagram pictures of us floating and jumping onto the huge inflatable swan floating around in the pool. *Fun Fact: In my dreams, my phone NEVER works. In this dream, my phone kept taking pictures of the ground even though it was clearly aimed at the party. In other dreams, if something bad happens and I try to call 911, it never works. Is that just me or no? Any dream analysists out there, tell me if this has some weird meaning.

Anyway, we all started to get out of the pool because despite popular belief, if water is cold, jumping in with a winter jacket will do nothing to protect you from the freezing water. But my smart self-thought, "Hey, the ocean may not be as cold as the pool. Let's all go in the ocean!" All of my friends declined and instead went to the hot tub to warm up. "Well, I'll just go by myself!" I said as I walked down to the ocean. By myself. In the middle of the night.

Suddenly, there was music playing. I looked up at the stars, confused, as it sounded like I had all the sudden been transported to a planetarium. I started to hear faint "ahhhs" that sounded like angels singing. (Harry fans, you guys know where I'm going with this.) I stopped in my tracks and just stood there. I started to think this was some weird music to play before my dream became something like that of "Jaws." Out of the blue, a spotlight appeared at the same time that I heard a "HU-HEY!" The music quickly transitioned to a much more rock genre with heavy guitars and drums. I look down the beach and there is Harry Styles performing "Only Angel," to no one, while being dressed as Elvis.

I ran to the empty microphone that was next to Harry and sang the rest of the song with him. The song ended up being much different than it actually is in real life with us replacing the actual lyrics with the words from Bowling For Soups song "1985." As the final guitar riff was played, Harry and I ran into the ocean saying "thank you, thank you very much" as Elvis did.

Finally realizing it probably wasn't the best idea to be swimming in an ocean when it was pitch black, I invited Harry up to the party that was still going on. I introduced Harry to everyone and back to the smart ideas, we jumped back into the pool. The difference being that this time, the pool was a chocolate cake. See, I couldn't have possibly has a normal birthday cake in this dream. It had to be something incredible. The rest of the dream was spent singing songs while still impersonating Elvis. In all honesty, I have no clue why we were Elvis impersonators. Maybe that's my mind telling me that that is my true calling.