To My Parents

To My Parents

I could never put into words how grateful I am for both of you, but here is an attempt to do exactly that.

12
To My Parents

I know I may not tell you enough, but thank you for raising me to be the young adult I am today. Words cannot describe how good of a job you did as my parents. From the days I was constantly sick, to the arguments we had, you always made sure I was comfortable and loved in my home.

After leaving for college I must say that I had never realized how much I absolutely loved being home. Home cooked meals and sleeping in don't even do justice to the little things I miss. I miss being asked how my day was, being told that dinner was ready, sleeping in my own bed sometimes, and even hugging my dog. You are the ones who built that home and I honestly couldn't say I love any place more.

I know that change can be frightening, intimidating, and very uncomfortable, but I believe I am doing well with this change. I am learning to become independent, just as you guys have taught me to be. However, nothing will ever compare to my childhood home, or the bedroom that taught me a coat of paint can cover up sharpie writing. A home that taught me how to cook, how to study, how to draw, how to dance, read, and do the things I love. With your help, I have learned how to strong on my own, how to love myself, and surround myself with those who love me.

Dad, thank you for listening to my dry jokes, and still laughing when they made no sense. Thank you for supporting everything I ever did, for being my constant ride home and my favorite hug. Thank you for teaching me how to find the humor in every situation, no matter the circumstance, and giving our home the joy it needed in order to grow.

Mom, thank you for being my biggest role model. You've taught me how to love, and to always push myself to be better. Thank you for being my shoulder to cry on, my biggest listener, and my best friend. Without you, I don't know who I would be today, without my love of art, horses, music, and running, I don't believe I could personally be who I am. You've done more than enough as my mother, and I could never imagine a life without you.

Overall, I am so very grateful for the both of you. No matter the situations we go through, I will always be thankful for the life you have given me. This life is a better one simply because I have both of you in it and I couldn't imagine one without you both. Thank you guys.

Love,

A very grateful daughter