You Know You're The Parent Of Your Friend Group When...

317

Every friend group has that one friend who acts a little more mature, doesn't drink as much, and seems to take care of everyone else. This person is always thought of as the “mom” or the “dad” of the group. Whenever anyone needs anything, a shoulder to lean on or someone to hold hair back while you throw up, the “parent” is turned to for help. Here are some situations you might encounter if you fall into this category.

1. You're always saying 'No.' Whether you’re at the pre-game or at the bar, you know when enough is enough. Your friend is begging you to let him or her hook up with that super hot (insert greek or sport affiliation here) and you know that when they sober up that ten will quickly diminish to a four, or maybe a five.
  2. You see your friend begin frantically bee-lining for the bathroom. You quickly follow to see what’s up. She or he runs to the toilet to immediately begins throwing up. You call a taxi and hold their hair until it arrives.
  3. Eventually everyone seems to have their shit together, so you decide to start letting your hair down. You stroll over to the dance floor and join your friends, laughing and singing at the top of your lungs. Then all of the sudden you feel a tap on your shoulder. You turn around to see your best friend with tears in his or her eyes. 'Uh oh, here we go,' you think to yourself. Then, for the next 20 minutes, you’re attempting to calm them down. Eventually you send them home.
  4. The bar is beginning to close and only the strong have survived the evening. All of the sudden, you hear someone say “Guys, let’s get Taco Bell or In-N-Out.” 'Well crap, on to the next stop,' you think to yourself. Since Taco Bell is closer to the bars you bring the pack there. Everyone gives you their order and the $5 they have to spare.
  5. Finally, you get everyone to their respective houses, beds, rooms, or couches, depending on the evening. You walk into your living room, take out your wine and pour yourself a sizeable glass. At least no one died.