You are just watching a person unbox something. How in the blue hell did we get here as a society that we find entertainment in people unboxing stuff they have bought? There are millions of authors with books out there that are being left unread. There are filmmakers churning out quality films that are bombing at the box office. There is porn being left without something fapping to it. Yet, you're millennial ass is watching Joe Wal-Mart open up an iPhone case. Joe Wal-Mart is probably going to use that iPhone he just unboxed to record the next unboxing video. This has to be the dumbest fad since mom jeans made a comeback. C'mon people, you're all better than this.
Subscribe to our
Happy Moments to Brighten Your Day!
As any other person on this planet, it sometimes can be hard to find the good in things. However, as I have always tried my hardest to find happiness in any and every moment and just generally always try to find the best in every situation, I have realized that your own happiness is much more important than people often think. Finding the good in any situation can help you to find happiness in some of the simplest and unexpected places.
Many people often think that happiness can be found by creating the largest social media pool, trying to be someone that they are not in order to be accepted or even having the nicest car or the biggest house. But happiness does not come from these material or “fake” things. It comes from strong connections with people you love, having gratitude and consideration for the people around you and finding happiness in the most unexpected and often overlooked places.
Constantly reminding yourself that your happiness is one of the most important things and sometimes having to put your happiness first is something that should be happening every day. Personally, my happiness comes from thousands of things ranging from reading a book all the way to vacationing to the ocean and everything in between. Also, I find happiness in the happiness of others and seeing others in content, but this also sometimes means that I do not put my happiness first.
Everyone has their flaws and many people are like me—forgetting to put their happiness before others. Therefore, in order to give you just a simple idea of how easy it is to find happiness in the smallest of places, here are 100 reminders of happiness that surround you each and every day. This list also purposes for each of you to think of your own reminders that make you happy and to tell yourself that your happiness is important and that you should always find happiness in every situation in the most unexpected places.
- You are loved by more than you could ever imagine.
- You have a home.
- Flowers are blooming around you.
- Summer is closer than it has been all year.
- You talked to someone you love today.
- You are beautiful.
- Listening to the rain hit the roof when you fall asleep.
- Freshly mowed grass.
- Watching the stars at night.
- Someone in your life wants you to be happy.
- You have food to eat and water to drink.
- Chocolate is still existing.
- There are dogs to pet and to cuddle with.
- You are talented and have a special talent that no one else knows about.
- Listening to music.
- One Direction.
- You are able to help someone.
- Volunteering for a charity.
- Sitting on a dock.
- Taking pictures with your best friends.
- Going to a cabin.
- You have cute clothes to wear every day.
- Someone said, “Hi” to you today.
- Someone thinks you are the most important person in their life.
- Someone looks up to you.
- You have a job or some other commitment.
- You believe in something.
- Someone believes in you.
- Listening to the birds chirping outside.
- Finding a dandelion in the middle of a grassy lawn.
- Starbucks is a thing.
- You have or will see the Northern Lights.
- Vacations or camping or nights out.
- Spontaneous road trips.
- You can do anything that you set your mind to.
- You believe in someone else.
- Warm, melty chocolate chip cookies.
- You matter.
- Chicken noodle soup when you are sick.
- Grey’s Anatomy/One Tree Hill/Gossip Girl.
- Freshly cleaned sheets.
- You have dreams and goals.
- You are inspiring.
- You are inspired by something or someone else.
- Bright colored daisies.
- Reading your favorite book over and over again.
- Coming home and changing into an over-sized sweatshirt and leggings.
- Going out and dressing up.
- But feeling confident in both.
- Sleeping in on Sunday mornings.
- Getting up to watch the sunrise.
- Surprising someone or being surprised.
- Art museums.
- Good nights and good morning’s.
- Laughing, laughing, laughing.
- Making someone else laugh.
- Board games.
- Rainy days.
- Sunny days.
- You are vibrant and radiant.
- Bare feet in the sand.
- Highlighting quotes in your favorite books.
- Seeing others happy.
- Seeing couples holding hands.
- Your mother, father, sister, brother, grandpa, grandma, aunt, uncle, cousins, etc.
- Putting your music on shuffle and having your favorite song come on first.
- Did I mention One Direction?
- Oh, and Beyoncé.
- Saltwater and sea shells.
- Loving something or someone with the strongest passion.
- Being the only one on the court/field/track/ice.
- Feeling invincible.
- Conquering one of your fears.
- Listening to someone’s heartbeat.
- Talking to someone about their favorite things or memories.
- Disney movies.
- God, Jesus and your faith.
- Girls’/Guys’ night.
- Airports and airplanes.
- Acing a hard test or failing and learning from it.
- Sleeping with the window open.
- Being there for someone no matter what.
- Trusting someone.
- You are the best at something.
- You are someone’s best friend.
- Chocolate still exists.
- You can move mountains.
- Your happiness is the most important.
This one's for you, Spock.
Owning a pet can get difficult and expensive. Sometimes, their vet bills cost hundreds of dollars just for one visit. On top of that, pets also need food, a wee wee pad for a dog, a litter box with litter for a cat, toys, and treats. Besides having to spend hundreds of dollars on them, they provide a great companion and are almost always there when you need to talk to someone. For the past six years, I have been the proud owner of my purebred Bengal cat named Spock. Although he's only seven years and four months old, he's taught me so much. Here's a few of the things that he has taught me.
It's ok to not know what you want.
If I said that he knew what he wanted at all times, I'd be lying. Sometimes, he'll want to be in the living room watching television. Sometimes, he'll want to sit on the bathmat and not let people use the bathroom in peace. At other times, he'll hide under the table in either the kitchen or the living room - or, he'll jump up on a chair or on a shelf. Owning Spock has taught me that it's fine to not know what you want because things change, and those changes could impact your decisions on what you want for yourself.
It's fine if you just want to be by yourself for a bit.
Sometimes, all we want to do is be left alone. The same applies for animals - especially for Spock. Everyone deserves some alone time for just themselves. If some of your so called friends can't respect that, then maybe they just don't respect you as a person and as their friend, and maybe you should reconsider your friendship with that person. Owning Spock has taught me this via his actions of always running away from people when all he wants to do is be alone.
It's ok to eat what you want whenever you want without feeling embarrassed about it.
With Spock, he begs for food at least four times an hour. He doesn't care if you just fed him - he will beg you for more food. Owning Spock has taught me that sometimes, you just need to eat that piece of cheesecake or that salad when you feel like it. By the end of the day, you're choosing to put whatever food you want to in your body, and you shouldn't have to provide anyone with an explanation of that.
It's ok to have some sass.
Sometimes, we're in a situation that we usually don't want to be in - like a fight with a friend, family member, the person you're in a relationship with, a group project partner, and so on. Owning Spock has taught me that you just need to do what you need to do when you're in an uncomfortable situation - and if that means adding some sass into what you're doing, then do it.
It's ok to take a nap at any time of the day.
Sometimes, we're just flat out tired and need to take a nap in order to feel refreshed. With Spock, he enjoys taking a nap about what seems like twenty times a day. Does he feel bad about it? No. It's probably because he knows he's tired and wants to gain some more energy. The same applies to us humans - so go take that nap that you've been wanting to take and don't feel bad about it.
Document the important things and moments within your life.
It's not a surprise that we all get older and experience a lot of important things and moments within our lives. Although it may seem annoying to have to constantly pull out your phone or your camera that you love using for everything to document the moment or important thing that you're going through, you won't regret it later. You'll have photos that you'll look back on later in life and you'll have memories to share with your friends and family. With that being said, here are some photos of Spock as he's gotten older.
You're Your Own Best Friend
It's fun to see all of the selfies on social media, they are everywhere. I see pictures with pouty lips, duck lips and pucker lips. I see smokey eyes, huge fake lashes and nicely done nose jobs, boob jobs and butt lifts. Women working out in spandex, tiny tops and flip flops. I see tight abs and firm butts, manicured nails and toes, up dos and flowing hair. "Wow", I think to myself," I could apply tons of make-up, spend an hour on my hair, pose all day and not look like that. Maybe I need a longer stick!"
I went shopping, to a trendy store, yesterday. Really cute clothes. I was trying on this adorable sun dress when I caught a glimpse of my, not so defined, arms in the mirror. UGH! I nearly said it out loud. Then I remembered seeing my friend in a similar dress thinking how cool, comfortable and cute she looked. "She's about my size", I thought..."Maybe, I just look bad in my eyes".
Why are we so hard on ourselves? Why do we base our self esteem on our deflated self perception? Why do we compare ourselves with other women? Why do we find physical flaws that friends never notice...until we point them out? Why are we consistently critical of how we look?
Time to let it go, to start treating ourselves like we treat our friends, that is...if you are a good friend...It's okay to take a good look, evaluate and make an honest assessment. That's the only way to make adjustments...with kinder eyes. Eyes that are accepting, loving and gentle.
That way the selfie stick wont have to be so long, I'll wear my new dress, duck lip it with my red lips, smokey eyes and mascaraed lashes...and gaze upon it, as though I didn't know me, with kinder self-eyes.
Rap is more than the F-bomb and a beat. Read what artists like Fetty, Schoolboy Q, Drake, and 2Pac can teach you.
On the surface, rap songs may carry a surface perception of negativity. However, exploring their lyrics reveals profound hidden depth.Despite occasional profanity, it's crucial to look beyond it. Rap transcends mere wordplay; these 25 song lyrics impart valuable life lessons, offering insights that extend beyond the conventional perception of rap music.
1. "I ain't rich yet, but you know I ain't broke" -- "White Iverson" by Post Malone
You might not be successful yet, but you're not a failure either, so keep doing what you're doing.
2. "I only love it when you touch me, not feel me / When I'm f***ed up, that's the real me" -- "The Hills" by The Weekend
Don't blame it on the alcohol because the real you comes out when you have alcohol in your system.
3. "You gon' have to do more than just (say it)" -- "Say It" by Tony Lanez
Actions speak louder than words.
4. "He only f***ed you over cause you let him" -- "Don't" by Bryson Tiller
Bryson Tiller - Don't (Explicit Version)"Don't" by Bryson Tiller Listen to Bryson Tiller: https://brysontiller.lnk.to/listenYD Watch more Bryson Tiller videos: ...
Yes, he screwed you over, and that's not cool, but you let that happen to you. Have more self-worth and don't let guys screw you over.
5. "I try to forget but it's hard to forgive" -- "Thought It Was a Drought" by Future
Forgive, but never forget.
6. "Whatever happened just had to happen" -- "I Know" by Big Sean ft. Jhené Aiko
Big Sean - I Know ft. Jhené Aiko (Official Music Video)D A R K S K Y P A R A D I S E AVAILABLE NOW! Deluxe: http://smarturl.it/DarkSkyParadiseDex?IQid=vevo Standard: ...
Everything happens for a reason.
7. "It goes down in the DM (it go down) it go down in the DM (it go down, it go... down)" -- "Down In the DM" by Yo Gotti
Yo Gotti - Down In the DM (Official Music Video)Download "The Art of Hustle" at: iTunes: http://smarturl.it/TheArtofHustle Amazon: http://smarturl.it/TheArtofHustle_Amzn Google ...
Welcome to our generation's form of dating. If he/she DM's you, it is about to go down.
8. "I mean who am I to hold your past against you?" -- "Work" by Rihanna ft. Drake
Rihanna - Work (Explicit) ft. DrakeGet Rihanna's eighth studio album ANTI now: Download on TIDAL: http://smarturl.it/downloadANTI Download on iTunes: ...
The past is the past.
9. "See your heart ain't meant for breaking" -- "Studio" by Schoolboy Q ft. BJ The Chicago Kid
ScHoolboy Q - Studio ft. BJ The Chicago KidScHoolboy Q - Studio (Explicit) "Oxymoron" available now Http://smarturl.it/oxymoronq.
Hearts are not meant for breaking!!!
10. "Change the game sh*t, like it ain't sh*t'" -- "I'm On" by Lil Debbie
Lil Debbie - I'm On (Audio)Purchase 'Debbie' here https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/debbie/id1124223657.
Change the game with no effort and with confidence.
11. "Let's get caught in the moment" -- "Promises" by Wiz Khalifa
Wiz Khalifa - Promises [Official Video]BlaccHollywood available now http://smarturl.it/blacchollywood See Wiz in your city this summer http://boysofzummer.com ...
Take time and smell the roses.
12. "I can see them haters talkin' / But it do not phase me" -- "Made Me" by Snootie Wild ft. K Camp
Snootie Wild ft. K Camp - Made Me (Official Video)Download “Go Mode” at iTunes: http://smarturl.it/GoM Download “Go Mode” at Amazon: http://smarturl.it/SW_GM Spotify: ...
Don't let people get to you. If someone is hating on you, you must be doing something right.
13. "F*** with me, then I f**k with you / You don't f**k with me, my n**** f*** you too" -- "F*ck With You" by Tyga
Treat others how you want to be treated.
14. "They tryna take my blessin's away" -- "Alright" by Logic ft. Big Sean
Logic ft. Big Sean - Alright (Official Audio)The official version of Logic's "Alright" audio featuring Big Sean, off Logic's 'Under Pressure' album which is out now on Visionary ...
People are always going to try to take away your happiness.
15. "You getting on my nerves with them questions" -- "Come Get Her" by Rae Sremmurd
Rae Sremmurd - Come Get Her (Explicit) (Official Video)SremmLife” available now! iTunes: http://smarturl.it/SremmLife Google Play: http://smarturl.it/SremmLifeGP Amazon: ...
Questioning a person is annoying -- have some trust.
16. "I don't f*** with these niggas cause they shady" -- "Preach" by Young Dolph
Young Dolph "Preach" (WSHH Premiere - Official Music Video)The official WorldStarHipHop video premiere of Young Dolph's "Preach". Young Dolph's "High Quality Street Music 4: American ...
People are shady and you need to be careful who you surround yourself with.
17. "Let's just be honest, let's just be real" -- "Be Real" by Kid Ink ft. DeJ Loaf
Kid Ink - Be Real (Explicit) ft. DeJ LoafKid Ink "Full Speed" Available Now! iTunes: http://smarturl.it/iFullSpeed?IQid=yt Amazon: http://smarturl.it/aFullSpeed?IQid=yt ...
Honesty is the best policy.
18. "I'm already in love with myself / So in love with myself" -- "F*ck Love" by Iggy Azalea
Iggy Azalea - Fuck LoveFrom the album "The new classic".
19. "Don't waste time, I got six watches" -- "Flex (Ooh, Ooh, Ooh)" by Rich Homie Quan
Rich Homie Quan - Flex (Ooh, Ooh, Ooh)Check out the official music video for "Flex (Ooh, Ooh, Ooh)" by Rich Homie Quan For the single, "Flex (Ooh, Ooh, Ooh)". Available ...
Time is money, so don't waste mine or yours.
20. "There's an old saying in Tennessee - I know it's in Texas - probably in Tennessee that says fool me once, shame on - shame on you. If you fool me we can't get fooled again" -- "No Role Modelz" by J. Cole
You can only make a mistake once because the next time you make the same mistake, it was a choice.
21. "Solo ride until I die/ Cause I got me for life" -- "Me, Myself & I" by G-Eazy ft. Bebe Rexha
G-Eazy & Bebe Rexha - Me, Myself & I (Official Video)Official Video for “Me, Myself & I” by G-Eazy and Bebe Rexha. Listen to G-Eazy: https://G-Eazy.lnk.to/listenYD Watch more G-Eazy ...
Sometimes you're the only one that has you and that's okay.
22. "Cause I'm troubled by the things that I see" -- "Good Lovin" by Ludacris
The world can be a cold, troubling place.
23. "See you had a lot of crooks tryna steal your heart" -- "How to Love" by Lil Wayne
Lil Wayne - How To Love (Official Music Video)Music video by Lil Wayne performing How To Love (Shazam Version). © 2011 Cash Money Records Inc.
Don't settle for a crook, because if he steals your heart, he can break it.
24. "I ain't playing no games, I need you" -- "Again" by Fetty Wap
Games will get you nowhere, so be like Fetty and don't play no games, because, more than likely, we need you too.
25. "It's a struggle everyday, gotta roll on" -- "Everyday Struggle" by 2Pac
2Pac - Everyday Struggle (Hold On Be Strong)2Pac Hold On Be Strong Everyday Struggle Remix Tupac Shakur Makaveli Thug Life Music Video --- Please comment, rate and ...
Life is hard, but you just have to keep on keeping on.
Maybe don't try them all in one day...
My 21st birthday is finally almost here. In honor of finally turning 21, I thought I'd share 21 fun drinks since it's finally legal for me to drink them.
Some of these drinks are basic, but some of them are a little more interesting. I thought they all looked pretty good and worth trying, so choose your favorites to enjoy at your big birthday bash!
This one is kind of basic but there are many different flavors to choose from!
2. Tequila Sunrise
This one is similar to a Sex on the Beach, but with a bit of a twist.
3. Vodka Lemonade
A simple and basic drink!
4. Lemon Drop Shot
Sweet but sour!
A frozen take on the classic rosé!
6. Moscow Mule
The mugs are always cute too.
7. Bahama Mama
A nice tropical one for you!
A classic drink and a good one to pair with brunch.
There are a bunch of different versions of this drink. These can be some crazy but interesting mixes and are worth trying at least once. Maybe even share it with some friends!
11. Red, White, & Blue Layered Slushee
This is a fun themed one you can try for 4th of July!
12. "Adult" Shakes
There are many different variations to this one- so you can pick a flavor that you like! It's also a nice cool treat for the summer.
13. Sex on the Beach
A classic drink!
14. Blue Hawaiian Long Island
This one is a mix of a long island and a blue hawaiian.
15. Fire Shot
These look cool but be careful with these! You should probably blow out the flame before you drink it.
16. French Toast Shot
An interesting but sweet one!
17. Jungle Juice
As you can tell by the name, this drink has a lot mixed into it. There are a million different versions of this, but it's a good idea for parties.
18. Champagne Pink Lemonade
Refreshing and bubbly!
19. Galaxy Cocktail
This one is a fun looking drink for summer!
20. Hippie Juice
A great summer drink!
21. Piña Colada
Do you like getting caught in the rain?
Enjoy trying these drinks, especially ones you haven't had before! Some of these you can order while you're out, but some I suggest trying to make at home as well! Have fun with it...as long as you're 21 as well. ;)
*Please drink responsibly!*
1. Brittany Morgan, National Writer's Society
2. Radhi, SUNY Stony Brook
3. Kristen Haddox, Penn State University
4. Jennifer Kustanovich, SUNY Stony Brook
5. Clare Regelbrugge, University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign