To Anybody Having A Panic Attack, Here Is Every Affirmation You Need To Hear Right Now

It's hard. Every day is so hard, but you're so strong.

131
Calm

Dear Self,

I know it feels like everything around you is crashing down, but I promise that it isn't. The tightness in your chest is NOT a heart attack or anything else your stressed out mind is telling you it is. It's anxiety and stress and panic.

The way your body feels right now is something familiar, and you know that. This happens every time, and every time you're okay. You're okay.

It's okay to lay down and relax because it's honestly one of the only things you can do right now. Focus on your breathing, just do it. In and out.

Don't let your mind wander to the 'what ifs' and 'buts'. All you have and know for sure is that you are alive right now. You're alive. Put your hand on your heart and feel how it pushes all that blood through your body. You're okay.

It's hard. Every day is so hard, but you're so strong. You face every day head-on, knowing that the day before is done with. You can't change it, and no matter how badly you want to, you can't nitpick on something making you so upset.

You're okay, and the feelings that you feel can't last forever. I know you hate when people tell you how things will be or are, but it's true. You won't feel the tightness in your chest, the clamminess of your hands, the pressure in your head forever.

Think of what makes you happy, and if you can't, think about all the amazing things that could happen. You could get a raise or a scholarship. You could make a new friend. You could find a new favorite food because let's be honest, pizza is only pizza. You could save a life. You could change a life. You could be whatever and whoever you want to be, right after you keep living and keep breathing.

Touch five things. Say exactly what they are out loud. Find three things that you see and say what they are out loud. Do you hear anything? Find two things that you hear and say them out loud too. What do you smell? Describe it out loud. Keep breathing. Know that you're okay and at this moment you are as alive as ever.

People around you love you. They may not show it in the way that you need, but I promise they're there. I know you won't reach out to them, but they are there.

You are here. You are alive. You are okay. I promise.