What To Pack For A Ski/Snowboarding Trip: The Essentials
Travel

"The slopes are calling and I must go."

47
Harlee Lynn Toothman

The first time I went skiing was spring break of 2018. It was not only my first time in Colorado but it was my first time hitting the slopes. I ended up having to borrow all of my ski gear from family members and friends. And after lots of questions, I gathered everything I needed, zipped up my suitcase, and headed off to the mountains.

Here are the must-have things you'll need if you plan to go on a ski trip:
One of the most important things to remember is layers. The temperature on the mountain can change so quickly. Especially if you're first learning to ski.. you WILL get sweaty and will want to shed some layers.

You will want to bring/purchase waterproof ski pants and a waterproof ski jacket. The best places to buy ski gear will be Columbia, Northface, and Patagonia.
Sidenote: if you are a first-time skier you really want to try to borrow these items. Because It can get expensive!!

The next essential items are for mid layers: examples include, long sleeve shirts, hoodies, lightweight jacket, or fleece/woolen sweater. You would wear this under your ski jacket. You'll also want to get thermal layers. For both the top and bottom underneath your ski clothes. (For extra warmth and protection)

Ski accessories:
Goggles, you will NOT want to forget these. Waterproof gloves that are insulated, and a neck warmer!!! (You'll think me later)

Optional items:
tissues, mini sunscreen, hand warmers, lip balm (i would definitely pack), and lastly water bottle.

Off the slope clothing:
Winter jacket, casual tops, jeans, long pants and leggings, sweaters, hoodies, beanie, scarf, gloves, underwear, warm pajamas, bathing suit (hot tub), boot socks and warm socks.

Shoes:
I personally packed four pairs of shoes for my ski trip.
Insulated snow boots (for snowmobile), Ugg boots for day adventures, house shoes for lounging and a pair of black boots for a dressier look.

When it comes to packing for a trip like this it's better to be safe than sorry. You can never go wrong with too many layers, especially if you're already naturally cold.

Tips:
Tuck in shirt/hoodie to your ski pants, so when you fall the snow won't seep in your clothes.

Bring double the socks.

Borrow ski clothes if you can (it can get expensive).

Ladies, bring waterproof mascara.

Make sure you pack a beanie and wear it every day! (keep those ears warm)