packing beach vacation checklist

A Dozen Beach Essentials For The Girl Who's Ready For A 10/10 Summer

A beach trip is never complete without these.

217
Natasha Trivedi

Summer is the best time to go to the beach. With the sun, the sand and the water, there is no better place to be. Here are some things that I never leave the house without when I'm headed to the beach.

1. Bathing Suit

Pretty much a given, but sometimes people just wear shorts and T-shirts. I always prefer a cute bathing suit just in case I decide to go swimming.

2. Cover-Up

It's not really comfortable to be walking around in a wet bathing suit all day, so it's always good to have something to wear on top of it. Anything works, even if it's just a big t-shirt.

3. Floppy Hat

Not everyone finds these very fashionable, but I think they're both cute and practical. If you wear one, your skin will thank you!

4. Giant Beach Bag

You're going to need something to hold all your essentials!

5. All types of SPF

Sunburns and Melanoma can happen to anyone, so it's important to always take precautions. That means always having the right kinds of sunscreen, and it doesn't hurt to have some aloe gel too, just in case.

6. Sunglasses

Your eyes need sun protection, just like your skin. Some stylish sunnies will do the trick.

7. Beach Towel

A good beach towel will double as both something to sit/lay on and something to dry yourself with when you're out of the ocean.

8. Beach Umbrella

Unless you want to burn to a crisp in the sun, you'll want one of these over wherever you decide to sit on the beach.

9. Water Bottles

When you're out in the sun all day, getting dehydrated is pretty much inevitable. The best and easiest way to avoid this problem is to simply just stock up on water.

10. Flip Flops

Obviously, you're going to need some type of shoes. Flip-flops are great because not only are they easy to walk on sand in, but they are also easy to put on and take off.

11. A Good Book

In my opinion, there's no better place to read my favorite book than on a relaxing beach.

12. Mini Speakers

Because why not? If you can share your music choices with everyone else, there's no good reason not to.