And for you, I am forever grateful.
Education

To The Department Who Gave Me Everything, I Owe It All To You

And for you, I am forever grateful.

103
https://unsplash.com/photos/uWVWQ8gF8PE

Looking back on my freshman and sophomore year of college, the one word I would use to perfectly describe this time in my life is: confused.

At eighteen years old, I struggled, and I mean really struggled, when trying to figure out what I wanted to spend the rest of my life doing. Off the top of my head, I could name at least four different times when I switched my major. I eventually got to the point where I honestly wasn't sure if I was ever going to figure it out.

When I finally came to my senses and realized that one of my favorite hobbies could actually be something that I could see myself doing as a career, I switched to your department. I specifically remember, right off the bat, that it actually felt like a wholesome department, and not just a bunch of random classes that I attended.

I immediately started learning the names of all of the professors, and our relationship started to begin. With each and every one of them, it never once felt like a student-teacher relationship. I always felt like I had a handful of amazing mentors or even best friends.

As time went by, I noticed how much you allowed me to grow. Everything I was assigned was a learning opportunity and a chance to improve. Not once was it ever just another task assigned to be graded and then forgotten about. I suddenly became fully aware of my immense growth and how strong I felt as not only a student, but a soon-to-be professional.

For once in my life, my classes finally seemed to be filled with useful, real-life information. I had often found myself in the position where I would be educated on random topics that would never apply to myself, or the real world that I would soon be living in. Everything you taught me was useful and genuine. And if I didn't seem to get it right the first try, we took the time to make improvements because what I was learning would aid me in years to come.

As my time at this University comes to an end, I just have to take the time to thank you for truly taking me under your wing and allowing me to develop as an individual. Your wise words and determination for success has taught me how to endlessly apply myself and to always remember my worth. And for that, I am forever grateful.