Oh, the life of an overworked college student.

Top 5 Thoughts Of An Overworked College Student

These five thoughts should seem extremely familiar.

55
https://unsplash.com/photos/oOEz7c7V3gk

Oh, the life of an overworked college student. Fabulous! As we go about our days, these are the thoughts we are all constantly thinking.

1. “My body aches”

At nineteen years old, nearly every other breath I have found myself ranting about how my body hurts. It could be from sprinting to class or from having to be in one thousand places at once, but no matter what, something seems to always ache.

After sitting with the most manageable posture after the eighth hour of studying, I often can hear my back screaming at me, pressuring me to go back to bed as it has just about had it. With papers upon papers having to be typed, my wrists then often feel like they could end up immobile. After a few hours into my day, my body often has me praying that this life of a college student slows down some, hopefully sometime soon.

2. “This could go on my resume”

I am constantly thinking of how my resume could be built. As the life of an overworked college student is extremely busy, there is so much that I consider to add to my resume, and I am always thinking of ways to strengthen it. Being such a "busy-bee", the constant thought of mine is which involvements of mine are the most important to add. I then begin thinking of when I will find time to add them.

3. “I must find caffeine nearby—and at this point, any coffee shop would work.”

Thank goodness for caffeine. With so many things to think about during the day, I always plan to pick up my morning coffee before I begin any of these large tasks. Whether I am heading to class, on my way to work, or spending the day at the beach with friends, I always try to factor in time to grab my morning coffee. It is the one thing that gives me some energy to conquer whatever I have planned for the day.

4. “If I take a ten minute nap, I should be able to make it on time.”

While school is in session, this is a constant thought of mine. As long naps are not much of an option with my eighteen credits and outside involvements, I have found myself returning from a class to take a nap during the ten-minute gap until I must leave for my next class. These extremely quick naps are not the most fun, but they do add that extra ounce of energy that I need to function after the little sleep I am able to get at night.

5. “I’ll sleep on the weekend, maybe.”

I consider myself lucky when I get four hours of sleep on a weekday. With my schedule, I often find myself maximizing every hour of my day, and praying that I'll get at least two hours of sleep before I have to wake up in the morning for class. By Tuesday, I am often promising myself that I will find time to sleep on the weekend because by then I usually can tell how little sleep I will acquire the rest of the week.

Being an overworked college student will definitely be rewarding in the end, but these five thoughts are extremely common with our current overflowing schedules. Grab your cup of joe, stock up on naps, and power through! We'll make it though.