how to get through mondays
Social Life

5 Ways To Overcome Lunaediesophobia, AKA The Fear Of Mondays

For some of us, the morning walk or run will do the trick. Regular exercise can benefit your body and brain, so why not take advantage of it?

1606
garfield i hate mondays

Colleges and Schools are about to start again in two weeks or so. Most of us are excited about it while some of us are happy and sad at the same time. During summer break, you must have enjoyed long sleeps, but things are about change. If you are in college then probably this might not affect you as much as high school students. However, most of us are dealing with Lunaediesophobia. It's basically a "fear of Mondays." You may be suffering from Lunaediesophobia, and not even know about it. In fact, I know people that stressed out by thinking about it's Monday tomorrow on a Sunday night.

A few mornings, you may wake up feeling not all that lively. A terrible dream, an issue you would prefer not to manage, or some trouble with your loved one the previous night could be the reason for your surly mood. Regardless of what you have, the worries of everyday living can incur significant damage. Once upon a time, I used to have Lunaediesophobia. Not that crazy, but I used to feel tired on a Sunday night thinking about waking up early in the morning on Monday. However, I have successfully won the battle against it, and here I am sharing five ways to give it a try for yourself. Now, I love Mondays, so next time have a Marvelous Monday!

1. Go for a morning walk/run every day

For some of us, the morning walk or run will do the trick. Regular exercise can benefit your body and brain, so why not take advantage of it? (For places to workout at Rutgers, click here) In fact, it's one of the most exciting things I do every morning. Undoubtedly, you know that it will make you feel fresh and lessen all the anxiety and stress you had throughout the week. Also, preparing your clothes and making a to-do list for Monday can get you in a mood of a working day, which is fabulous.

2. Plan one exciting thing to do on Monday

If you ordinarily feel depressed on Mondays, then plan something exciting to do that you love to do no matter what. Reward yourself like it's Friday night! It can be reading a new research article, lunch/dinner with a friend or colleague, or watching an episode on Netflix. Think of something that you can't wait to do it. I usually have some research article to read or write an article for Odyssey, which has to be submitted by Wednesday.

3. Readjust your schedule and get enough sleep

Individuals tend to have more pressure on Mondays because the day is associated with work. Therefore, you have to readjust your schedule or how you see each day of the week. For instance, my weekend includes Friday and Saturday. A half Sunday is a free day, and a half is a work day. I get most of my sleep on "my" weekend, which makes me so happy. If you think your work is too stressful, then you should consider looking for something that suits you best because it is crucial to consider.

4. Try out meditation

I acknowledge that some people don't consider it, but let me tell you that it does work. It's a form of exercise that enables you to connect with your mind and calm yourself. In fact, meditation shrinks the center of fear (Amygdala) in your brain. Hence, it's important to consider using this tool to overcome Lunaediesophobia or any anxiety you have presently.

5. Change your attitude

It is all about your attitude, and how you respond that has the most significant impact. You may have heard this sentence hundreds of times because it's one key to many locks. I believe that an accomplishment can carry with it a whole sense of prosperity. In fact, having a positive attitude can make much difference because it influences your thinking and perspective. You should focus on what's within your control, not what lies beyond because it can significantly help you to overcome from fear like Lunaediesophobia.

With everything taken into account, these actions will get you started, and you will see change. Naturally, don't expect it at the very beginning, and don't attempt to do at the same time. We each can enhance our days, and everything begins with merely making the following day a shade superior to the day preceding. See you next week!