Get OVER your cold

Get OVER your cold

9
Get OVER your cold
parsleyhealth

As the time of year rolls around where theres only three weeks until finals, and four until Christmas, you can't let a little cold slow you down. Here are some helpful tips to use for preventing or fighting the stuffy nose, headache and sore throat that usually comes with winter!

Leafy greens- Spinach, kale, Romaine lettuce, Collard greens….all very nutrient dense, full of fiber, and vitamins B and C. When you start to feel under the weather, consider making yourself a green smoothie to help your body recover faster.

Vitamin C- Some different produce items that you may not associate this antioxidant with are red peppers, pineapples, peas and tomatoes. Roast your mix of veggies and fruit with coconut oil to maximize nutritious value. Containing immune strengthening antioxidants, Vitamin C is very important when your sick. Whenever I feel the slightest bit of a stuffy nose or a cough I immediately take an Emergency- C packet, just incase!

Coconut Oil- healthy fat its antiviral, the perfect supplement to add to a hot cup of tea (or coffee, if you must) for a sore throat.

Lemon Water- The citrus in the water detoxifies the liver and aids digestion. Make this drink into a tea, adding honey too to help soothe the throat and open up your sinuses.

Garlic- Fights bacteria and viruses that make you feel sick, helps remove toxins from the body, its the most nutritious when consumed as real, raw, actual garlic.