Over Scheduled Equals Over Stressed
Education

Over-Scheduled Equals Over-Stressed

Making your schedule so you have literally no free time can feel like a smart thing to do, but it can actually lead to being severely over stressed.

90
Cassidy Garren

Being in college may feel like you commit to so many things and feel the need to do or attend them all, but this is not the case. You should only commit to doing the things you feel are the most important, and you should always be focusing on your mental and physical health first. This doesn't mean though that you should stay no to everything, but you just need to find a healthy balance so you can feel not over stressed with all the things that you have committed to.

One of the biggest things I see in college with people being overly stressed is when people take a large class load that are really difficult classes. If you are taking over twelve credits try to make sure you have a balance of classes that have a light amount of homework and a heavy amount of homework. This will help you in the long run because you won't feel the stress of not being able to get everything done. Also taking more than sixteen credits might seem like a great idea because you can graduate early or won't have to take summer classes, but I have only seen a small number of people be able to keep up with the amount of work over sixteen credits gives you.

Another important tip is that if you have a job make sure they know you're in school and will work around your class schedule. You don't want to be missing class to go to work, because then you will be even more stressed out. Also, make sure you don't work so much that you don't have time for schoolwork. It is very difficult to have a job in college, but it is easy to work out a balance that will feel right.

College can be a very stressful place, but time management can definitely help ease the stress a lot. Making sure to not commit to everything offered to you can help, and so can finding a balanced school schedule.