Outrageous Things Trump Said In The Final Debate

Why are we not surprised?

5
PBS

In every debate, the public waits with baited-breath to see what exactly Donald Trump will say this time that will send the country (and Twitter) into a flurry of sarcastic and mocking comments. This debate did not hold back on any of those.

TRUMP: If you go with what Hillary is saying, in the ninth month, you can take the baby and rip the baby out of the womb of the mother just prior to the birth of the baby.

Looking at the tweets after this statement made everyone laugh. A personal favorite was something along the lines of “Why does Trump make having an abortion sound like an alien movie?” Not only is that statement completely wrong, his rhetoric is completely outlandish for a debate that can be viewed by people of all ages. Ninth month abortions are not a thing.

TRUMP: I was up in New Hampshire the other day. The biggest complaint they have -- it's with all of the problems going on in the world, many of the problems caused by Hillary Clinton and by Barack Obama. All of the problems -- the single biggest problem is heroin that pours across our southern border. It's just pouring and destroying their youth. It's poisoning the blood of their youth and plenty of other people. We have to have strong borders.

First Trump says that that the biggest complaint people in New Hampshire have is with everything going on in the world. However, then he goes ahead and says its caused by the heroin brought in by Clinton and Obama with their immigration policy. In reality, a lot of drug problems do occur because of the abundance of illegal immigration from other countries, especially Mexico and Central America. However, I do feel that it would have aided his argument if he chose a state actually near the border to use in his example, rather than New Hampshire which is completely up north.

TRUMP: One of my first acts will be to get all of the drug lords, all of the bad ones -- we have some bad, bad people in this country that have to go out. We're going to get them out; we're going to secure the border. And once the border is secured, at a later date, we'll make a determination as to the rest. But we have some bad hombres here, and we're going to get them out.

His “bad hombres” remark didn’t sit well with anybody. It inherently makes the assumption that he connects all bad people with people of Latin or Hispanic origin, thereby marginalizing a huge group of people.

CLINTON: Well, that's because he'd rather have a puppet as president of the United States.

TRUMP: No puppet. No puppet.

CLINTON: And it's pretty clear...

TRUMP: You're the puppet!

CLINTON: It's pretty clear you won't admit...

TRUMP: No, you're the puppet.

Trump had been doing a pretty good job of maintaining his composure throughout the debate up until this point. Here, the public got a chance to view his child-like tendencies once again.

CLINTON: I -- I find it ironic that he's raising nuclear weapons. This is a person who has been very cavalier, even casual about the use of nuclear weapons. He's...

TRUMP: Wrong.

Trump tells Clinton she is wrong multiple times throughout the debate but never actually gives any facts or information to prove why her statement is false.

But I'd like to start off where we left, because when I said Japan and Germany, and I'm -- not to single them out, but South Korea, these are very rich, powerful countries. Saudi Arabia, nothing but money. We protect Saudi Arabia. Why aren't they paying?

“Not to single them out” *proceeds to single them out

TRUMP: Nobody has more respect for women than I do. Nobody.

Another comment that got a lot of distaste from the public. After months of misogynistic comments and the recent, alarming tape of Trump and Billy Bush, this statement is far from the truth.

TRUMP: Most of her donors have done the same thing as I do.

Here, Trump is insinuating that he did something so that he did not have to pay taxes. This is something that he has never out-right said, but it is inferred that he has done so by many analysts through his comments, such as this one, and his refusal to release his tax returns.

TRUMP: I will look at it at the time. I'm not looking at anything now. I'll look at it at the time.

In this, Trump says that he does not know if he will accept the results of the election, which creates a public outcry. The very idea of democracy is a peaceful transfer of power, which is something that every president and every candidate has upheld. Up until this point.

TRUMP: And you know, Bernie Sanders, he said you have bad judgment. You do.

But Bernie Sander is endorsing Hillary Clinton for president so….

TRUMP: Such a nasty woman.

Says that man who apparently respects women more than anybody.